The Official Work Pictures Thread

Got 23 crispy critter ponderosa pines done, Bixler helped me get a bunch down on last day which was today and just killed it of course ;)

Ive never climbed and felled so many pondos in my life :|: :|:

0GXJvKz.jpg

NrZfiaG.jpg

Bixler throwing big top!! :thumbup:

MtFswXW.jpg

XoducMs.jpg

qugXqX0.jpg

One full load and mabey a half load to go.....

SG5oHgT.jpg

YYdJA9B.jpg

Stephen, yes, pondos dropping like flies!

When I first looked at the job weeks ago, 6 more had died from top down from about 5 to 15ft...called HO an added them in as well :|:

I was just kidding, it would be sad to see our Jack pine go. But it is making its way though, already crossed from B.C. into Alberta. Only have Saskatchewan between us.

Nice pic, PC. Are you operating or climbing? If opping, how are your crane skills coming along? Is it "hard to learn" to run the crane, or after 2 or 3 weeks of daily use is it not a big deal??

Nice pic, PC. Are you operating or climbing? If opping, how are your crane skills coming along? Is it "hard to learn" to run the crane, or after 2 or 3 weeks of daily use is it not a big deal??

It takes a bit to learn to keep on task and keep up the concentration but it is highly rewarding. You as a business owner have brought all this equipment and employees to the job and from your comfy chair you orchestrate everything. Very different experience as no exertion or adrenalin rush but still very satisfying. I think that any climber that has operated equipment should be able to transition pretty readily.

I love my crane....

It takes a bit to learn to keep on task and keep up the concentration but it is highly rewarding. You as a business owner have brought all this equipment and employees to the job and from your comfy chair you orchestrate everything. Very different experience as no exertion or adrenalin rush but still very satisfying. I think that any climber that has operated equipment should be able to transition pretty readily.

I love my crane....

:thumbup:

PC, what are you doing with all that extra energy that used to go into climbing??

to be honest I am concerned about becoming a fat crane operator. I have found that I have had the energy in the evenings to go for a mountain bike ride, which I love (as do the dogs). My hour tohour and a half ride is the only time of day when I don't answer my phone.....

Back