The Official Work Pictures Thread

New idea for carrying Arbor Trolley.

My truck is low slung, 2wd, so most trucks would have enough clearance or more... IMG_20150411_162536194[1].jpg

Thanks Raj. I got to ride the magic carpet for the first one. Top half had blown out of it. Used it for the first 60' on that one pictured. Got to climb the last 35-40'.

Reflectors are a good idea. Its less than 2' off the bumper. I believe that is the local requirement for a red flag, like you see on lumber. I would consider taping the stake in place, with flagging on the top.

I have a roll of red/ white DOT reflective sticker stuff. A good idea.
I just had a job today that was three country road miles from me.

I thought it would be a convenient way to also carry a gas can outside of my SUV, if I were to go out of my service area, like to a friend's house in Portland. Then, I wouldn't have to put on my roof box or cargo platform for gas.

Any other thoughts on the legality of it? I have a cargo platform that I was going to use to put the AT on, then thought the AT looked like a 2" tube. My hitch has a standard sized hitch pin hole, and a small hitch pin hole closer to the opening. I was able to line up the closer, smaller hole on the hitch with the hole on the AT, locking it in place with a bolt and nut.

2' past open tailgate needs flag/reflectors etc. We have regular municipal/provincial cops, they wouldn't know any different, but we also have ministry of transport cops, who look for mainly commercial vehicles for proper load securing/structural issues, etc, etc, THEY get sticky about self modified vehicles. Mostly in larger urban areas/hiways.

Just concerned for ya, nuttin' more. Tickets suck.

Yep. That was my "side work". We can be a bit more choosey on the jobs this time of year. At work it's plywood everyday or else you end up not working.

Too minimize yard damage when it's wet
Even walking over a yard all day will destroy the turf

Yep, we bring a few thousand pounds of plywood with us everyday. This year we cut each sheet in half to make 4'x4' sheets and I can't believe we didn't do that sooner. It is so much easier to handle now. We also keep it all on two skids for the wheel loader so it is easier to move on and off the trucks.

Interesting, 4x4s. Does it good as good a job of protection but just a lot easier to use?? Might be a nice idea re Alturnamats

I've wondered about 2x8 versus 4x4. 4x4 can be carried more easily under a grapple, if they have rope loops,

Fred, do you mean moving on/ off the truck with forks?

When I worked for the tree moving company we went to a job one day with a one ton truck loaded up with 1/2" ply. I think only about a 1/4 of it survived the day. Wet 3/4 was the worst. They switched to plastic mats at some point. We matted a 90" spade across a golf course twice. Had a lot of hands on that job, but no mess, no fuss.

I've never used alternamats so I can't compare against them. I'm not opposed to them, but it's hard not to use plywood when it can be purchased for 10 cents on the dollar as cull lumber from places like home depot and Lowes. The 3/4'' works really well. We will use it for the bucket truck, wheel loader and when we have a crane on site. Wet and muddy 3/4'' is no longer a huge hassle as a 4x4.

Yep Sean, we will move the skids on and off the truck or trailer with forks. You can really make a path quickly by being able to move the plywood with a machine as you go. I have wanted to try using the grapple sometime like you said.

Do you have any pics of your skids with the plywood loaded and the skid empty FJR ?? Been thinking about building something for this for a while, would like some ideas. Thanks

There was a spring in my step this morning! Off to Ireland for a few days tomorrow. Plus a mornings grinding to ease me into the holiday.
Ps not my work next door before you ask.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 78
Back