The Official Work Pictures Thread

Greys are usually not as straightforward like that, Butch. I always disliked 'em, in general. Often very limby, multi-lead tops. Leaning all over the map. Heavy and pitchy in the extreme. Not a nice tree, usually. Only saving grace is they hinge well, if not dead too long.

Not to forget all the weird binds in those long twisty limbs...

Our pine like most pine has rough scaly bark and even though its canopy is nice and open for shooting a throwline up and through. It's a bitch trying to pull that line through that bark, let alone the weight bag having enough weight to get back down to the ground.
Pine or spruce sap is not a problem it's balsam fir that can make your work pants stand up on their own at the end of the day:D

We took down a Lime tree today at a Kindergarten in Oslo. Some nice views to be had. Got the crown rigged out and about 12 foot off stem before lunch at 11. Rigged the rest of the timber and then chunked the last few bits to miss the fence. Left the job at 3 thanks to the help of the Avant.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427826748.778892.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427826763.250203.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427826773.853273.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427826784.176082.jpg

Rich

I don't know what they'll do with the rounds, but if they circle them around that boat, it would make a wicked sandbox. We have one at Dahlia's preschool that is a huge hit. Just make it big. Big rounds don't need to be dug in. Smaller ones, somewhat.

Way better than a lumber or plastic edge. oh, looks like that's the lumber edge to the sandbox.

Maybe that the Avant took all the wood.

a1e7255030bdd1db970e8030f6733da7.jpg
b4c9c922dc2093ed87f38731eef7fdea.jpg
facee3d2dd104c882120d54b498da7cd.jpg

The first week, the teacher asked for it to be tripled in size.

The kid in red never made it into the sandbox. He did about 15 laps around it on the rounds of wood.

Rich which Avant are you using? And would you go bigger, smaller, different? Thanks.

The Avant seems to do the job. I don't drive it myself apart from a bit around the yard. It is a 520+. I have seen the Avant lift some pretty big lumps, mind you it has ofter has a couple of lumps (2 Fat Groundies) on the back to counter act the weight on the front. The telescopic loader does come in handy to get bits to the back of the trucks when loading.

All the wood was taken off site when we left. The MAN truck 7.5t was pretty full and slow going dragging the big chipper home.

We are out tomorrow finishing a large felling job up by Holmenkollen Ski Jump. The restaurant on top of the hill want the view it had back in the day. We have already taken out about 35 decent sized Spruce and winched them in a 'oner' with the John Deer up to the car park for chipping. Got about 6-10 left to do tomorrow. We will see how it goes. Last week there was already 2 foot snow before we had a dump in Oslo. Last friday I was dragging a cable though the snow and when you punched through I was bollock deep in it. Not fun but good training for the Splitboarding I was doing in the mountain at the weekend.

G0020613.jpg

Ill try and some pictures of the JD in action tomorrow.

Haha.

I was sweating buckets walking up there Butch... Had to peel off to one layer so not to get too sweaty and then change at the top. Jacket for the way down though.

I just finished cleaning up a tree row for a customer in Cando, North Dakota. There is more work to do here, but the customer wanted a scaled down version of my original project bid. Other than a few more trees that should have been removed, the project turned out pretty good. It's a great improvement, at any rate.

March 2015 045.jpg March 2015 046.jpg March 2015 047.jpg March 2015 056.jpg March 2015 064.jpg March 2015 065.jpg

Thanks CurSedVoyce. I appreciate your feedback.

The tree in Picture 2 had been strangled to death by wild grapes. That tree had to be removed. I also removed several others that had either died, or had become so damaged by wind storms that they couldn't be saved. I removed about mile of grape vines from the tree row. 16 hours of labor went into the project.

Joel

Back