The Official Work Pictures Thread

56164516bb24e268aff597c0656ecf57.jpg
98135cc932a4b6c64b336d83bdb96447.jpg
dacb58fb9ee48ee0bbb765f312cac5c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The biiig limb was more about weight in the direction I needed it. But yes, I like the idea of it not rolling away. It was in bad shape though and also it was sandy.

It was a cool job today. No cleanup. Little bit scary at times I must admit. Pretty spongy Way up high. And I had to rig some big limbs from marginal breadstick type wood.
The downhill side of the stump had my face cut showing up 8 feet off the ground.
To cut lower into the flare was to get into a thin rind, Plus I was already having to cut up two sides with a 42 inch bar. The lean of the stub was directly away from the river over the RV park. I never realized how much for some reason until I was ready to fall the stub.
As Jerry would say, I had really only looked at it from one side even though I had climbed it LOL. I set a pull rope in it but didn't figure I needed it. Was very glad I did when I got down and looked at the tree from the downhill side by the river.
I needed a compensation pull that was out in the middle of the river and not straight down the bank. Was worried about having the stub drift to the left and wipe out those trees which would then Domino into the RVs.
Did my best, prayed a few times as usual. Hit the lay perfect. A great day. Except I glanced off with my 5 pound ax head right into my knee at one point which will have me limping for a couple weeks.

She's had this shading her house from the western summer sun for around 25 years of being there. She used to do it herself, but is now older, freshly retired, from work and ladders.

This is about 4 years after starting to 'clean-up' her pruning. I don't know if it will forms a sorta typical pollard head more and more over time. Its my guess. Pretty hollow in places. I cautioned Will not to lean too, too hard on it. You never know. Better to keep weight on the ladders. That 16' orchard ladder is a beast to position, but so useful at times.

I bid 15 doug-firs to raise to 15-20' over a fence line and building. This ladder skips all the climbing. tripod design, perfect. I like to be tied-in near the top of , or standing on the top of that ladder.

I'd guess a round 1000. Sharpen pruners and loppers a touch while working, and the hands are happier at the end of the day.

I just 'de-fuzzed' a yew tree two or three days ago. Easy 400 sprouts. encroached on the view of the Puget Sound from the office window.

Just sold another Japanese maple pruning with other work. People head them back terribly, and don't clean out the deadwood (like that's rocket science--does it look like a gray matchstick, instead of dark red? then clip it) Leaves get caught in them. They look okay, instead of great. I don't think that 'okay' is too okay in a Japanese garden.
Did some ornamental pruning on a 'tulip tree', and a couple small dogwoods. Little clippings here and there are sometimes much more appreciated by people than something like rigging over their house. People can see the result up close. I like how the trees look after a good pruning. Snip snip snip, fine tooth saw, snip, fine tooth saw...

Easier money to be made than wrecking trees.

I am definitely going to be getting an electric pruner sometime in the next year or two. I could do a lot more trees, faster without wrecking my hands with one of these

https://www.theprunerwarehouse.com/...jwYtxttkCFNcNp9gydi6R4M96tVPzFYAEIaAtEZ8P8HAQ
http://www.orchardmaster.com/
I"ll have to research brands.

Back