The Official Work Pictures Thread

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Emergency insurance job we did last weds, we de limbed it the night before so we could tarp the roof, then brought the crane In to lift the last section of trunk. Had to go up and over a 3 phase and silver maple. All in all was a productive week aside from the snow!

Often wished I could get myself to trust a crane operator enough to do trees that way.

I turn down quite a bit that a crane would lend itself to well.

Nice pics. I really appreciate it when I get to do crane work. The company we used had their operator quit and he was the only one that did the tree work. Hard to find good tree crane ops

Had an operator nearly kill me with a load of purlins on a red iron job once...just have huge trust issues.

Great respect for those who can do it though.:big-not-worthy:

Often wished I could get myself to trust a crane operator enough to do trees that way.

I turn down quite a bit that a crane would lend itself to well.
Yeah, the co. I use has 6 different cranes and are awesome ! Very smooth and the slider legs help so much with the crowns, absolutely 0 movement coming off the cut. We are all hooked up with the ropetek radios and crane Op has his own

Paul I've been using these for about a year now
http://www.sherrilltree.com/Crane-Sling-Combo-by-SherrillTree#.VHMqW908KrU
I'm going to see if Bonner your seeing this can get Phil to start making these also as tree stuff has a similar one but with no splice for the shackle on the bottom. I have one for each crew as often doing storm work we are both using cranes and sure balances things out very well when placed correctly. I also have 2-3 separate spider legs of different lengths to add if needed, all tenex.
Devon

Few from todays tree. Big oak, doesn't look like it in the pictures but for me it was big. 20-30 mph gusts made it interesting for Robby running the crane but he did a fine job as always...

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

We have done a bunch of big trees already with it and I have to say it has gone unbelievably well. I feel more comfortable working with Robbie in this crane than I did with my old crane op with 40 years experience on his 17 ton telex boom truck. We were always working at the limit back then, boom flexing etc. Today we took a couple of 3200lbs picks and that was less than 50% of our chart.
Overall I love this crane other than driving it to and from jobs. I don't think I will ever work without a crane in the arsenal again, hopefully I can keep this pig running for the rest of my working career. Right now I need to reseal the "swivel" which is where all the hydraulics flow through up to the super cab, will be a fun job. I am also worried about the trans.

Im really trying to switch my perspective and begin to enjoy working on it......

Bottom line is when it goes out we double our income and have an easy day:)

Are your jobs close, and if so, why is it so bad driving to the job. I drive around town at 23 mph average, Id probably love driving that thing.

Why are you worried about the trans. Low miles and German trans probably mean problems are unlikely.

You won't have to keep it running for your whole career, you'll probably upgrade within 5 years

How many people in your crew now? Is it one less than when you rented a crane and CO. If so how do you get by with one less person

We usually roll with one other person, sometimes my wife sometimes somebody else. They pretty much just undo the chains for a few picks and then I come down and jump on the wheel loader and clean up. We have done a few with just the 2 of us, I make a cut then come down take off the hooks put it in the chipper then ride ball back up for next cut. Gets it done but its a lot on me.

Trans doesn't shift into 4th gear, I have changed the fluid to Schaefer synthetic and replaced filters but still just 3 speeds.... Worrying

Great crane pics, it's good news that its doubling your productivity.

I'd be worried as well about the lack of 4th gear, I suppose worst case scenario is you have to split/replace it.

Is it all mechanical or is it shifted with solenoids? It could be a lot of things other than a bad trans. Linkages, wiring, modulation pressure.

Unfortunately top gear is often the lightest duty.

Could it be some sort of interlock that does not allow fourth gear until some other parameter is satisfied? Or locked out manually?

FFZ, don't know much about the trans yet, it is electronically controlled. Its a Clark 28825 not a ZF, well that being said maybe they merged, not sure.

Just pulled the crane in my shop (tight freakin fit) as I have a bad leak from the "swivel" so am going to start tearing that down. Need to get some kind of heat going out there to make it an enjoyable experience:/:

Back