The Official Work Pictures Thread

being open grown?
the walnuts i find in the forest have much less in the way of sapwood and low laterals.
sapwood will have the same mechanical properties of the heartwood and will hold together well, but yes, worth much less.

image.jpg image.jpg
All cleaned up and done! 153' of boom with jib at 15 degrees, eastern white pine uprooted and blown over lodged in an oak, we uprighted the tree, then cut it close as we could to the base & hoisted it up over the stairs, deck & cottage. Was a unique and challenging one, but we got it done the right way and safely

Awesome....perfectly executed from what little I know of it. Would have been a terrible job without that crane. Great picture of the full tree being lifted.

Another jackaranda today, it's like an old movie around here this time of year. "The flowers, the flowers they're driving me crazy."

Not a favourite tree of mine but a shame it had to go just because it dropped flowers on his car.:(

Getting a bit warm by the time I left, bet they notice that this summer.

jackranda nov 2014 004.JPG jackranda nov 2014 006.JPG

SBTree, so just curious, looking at your pics and I notice you have the jib on the crane but there is still a jib on the side of the boom lower? Did they truck it in separately??

Hell of a pick for that much reach!!

What ton crane was that?

looking at your pics and I notice you have the jib on the crane but there is still a jib on the side of the boom lower?

Bi-Swing Jib, use the first section for shorter heaver lifts. Attach the second section to the first for longer reach.
All carried on the boom.

I know,I know you've seen it before, but here's another one of my beloved Kubby doing the hard work.

Loaded approx 3 tonne of cedar in minutes onto the trucks. Here it is picking up one of the last bits.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 67
What's that? You want more pictures of cedars in France......ok then

I did this maybe 5 or 6 years ago.

Not my telehandler of course, I wish!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg