The Official Work Pictures Thread

its great when customer surprise you with gems like that.

I once pollarded a large willow in a residential garden. the neighbour was hang in out of his window taking pics all day. He was a retired photographer. I went back 5 years later to do the job again and he came out and said your the bloke on my wall. He then went in brought out a large picture frame which he had printed 6 pictures through out the job. He gave me a copy to take home.

Jim, I guess you are too young to know about Maynard G. Krebbs and his philosophy on work.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TgecgpCfAYo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice pictures there.

Had a dead Beech tree to remove today. The tree should have been removed a while ago especially as it was road side and on a junction of two roads. It was also coated in Ivy and a right bitch to move around in at first. We had a large Hiab on site so used that to rig out the crown and then one of the guys managed to get a bit of footage of the last pic. The stump was left at fence height, hence the above head cutting.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M21MgzfE4vs?list=UUDxq_mj90Xl1_Jnwij0bzkA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nah, TBH mate around South East London you have to pay to get rid, so it is great when the customer asks to keep it.

I was just contract climbing on that job, in fact all jobs I do. It was a pain cutting it all into firewood, but at least we didn't have to lift them onto a transit.

I hate Ivy.

Not a big job but something new to me. We barged out a rotten wood pile for a customer today. We tried to take it up the hill but it was way too steep to do it manually. Have have another job lined up with the barge company where they are going to be hauling brush for us.
9065a5dce789b1afbc5c6abbbb18a69b.jpg
8a52f21325f081ea91eabcb08d4e39e0.jpg
368923a161e57584789a2fea5add1ec5.jpg
afffc5e2beb4beb651cfca95e48d6aab.jpg
68728c1d37ff78647a4e7db8987e9bf1.jpg
262acb2f1c6942e44341e02d1a2c069b.jpg

Probably. We have been waiting on the barge company to fit us into their route. If they made a special trip for us they would have charged us $800 just for putting the barge in the water.

Quite big oak, mostly crash'n'bash but a bit of rigging.
Chance to blow the cobwebs off the 088.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 79
It was sort of fun Jim (lucrative as well) finished at three, left all the stuff there, came home, did my ablutions, now off to what passes for a pub here.

Back