The Official Work Pictures Thread

Hate it!!
A while back after a chipper breakdown work was backed up, clients on the blower kicking up.
One in particular I had delayed twice. Of the two blokes who regularly work for me one was genuinely ill, and the other said he was unable to work on this particular day. I was in a jam so I texted the one wanted the day off (bear in mind he's self employed so in fairness he doesn't have to give me a reason,this guy would never answer the phone, only responds to texts, gives him time to figure out his lie)
I laid it out to him that it would only be a half day, easy job and that if he could find a way to do it I'd be eternally grateful.
Half an hour later he texts back, yes ok he'll do it.
So we rattle it off by midday, whilst loading up I ask him, in a delicate fashion, what he had planned for the day.
"Oh nothing" he says " it was my birthday that's all"
What was he going to do? Play with his presents all day in his pajamas?
He was the one who used to text me before work telling me he couldn't come cos he head was all over the place.
Long gone now.

I put the jib Carl and I (mostly Carl) built for my Gehl to work again last week. Used it on six jobs so far. Just Ben and I on site, so not many pics. Lifted out several limbs/leads over a chain link fence, setting them down and working them up to grab them with the grapple for loading.

Why's that, Paul? I limit picks to ~500# if jib stays close to vertical, ~300# at reach. It comes in VERY handy. After we finished that tree, we took out two catalpa trees for the neighbor, almost all with the jib. One was VERY dead, with service lines and flowers all around it. The jib allowed us to dismantle it one limb/lead at a time, and set each down in the driveway. The other catalpa was leaning over the front porch of her mobile home...one main top and a single horizontal lead over the porch. Two picks rendered it down to a tall stump, which was taken with the final pick.

I'm here now. :D

I've been too busy to check in much lately......sorta got out of touch with you guys.

We dropped a hazard tree the other day (no pics) and will be doing more tree work now that it's getting cooler. I never use a saw much in the hot part of the year......the shop is air conditioned, and going out in the heat is crazy. :/:

Scott, with that jib I would just be very worried about tipping the loader sideways if you so much as run over an ant!!

Obviously you have larger cahunas for a counter weight:lol:

I've always found the opposite. Less crew=less production=less gross=less net.

Overall a bigger crew will make you more cash... but with all the head aches of employes and add in $$ equipment maintence is just not for me at almost 52yrs old.

Its hunting season here now so Im trying to only work 3 days a week right now and take on smaller jobs so I can go upland game, deer, fishing more...lifes rough :lol::lol:

....as long as I have enough money left over for bullets, shot shells, food and gas for deer camp :thumbup: lol what else does a guy need ;)

Overall a bigger crew will make you more cash... but with all the head aches of employes and add in $$ equipment maintence is just not for me at almost 52yrs old.

Its hunting season here now so Im trying to only work 3 days a week right now and take on smaller jobs so I can go upland game, deer, fishing more...lifes rough :lol::lol:

....as long as I have enough money left over for bullets, shot shells, food and gas for deer camp :thumbup: lol what else does a guy need ;)
All this makes complete sense to me. I'd happily dissolve my business tomorrow if the hunting looked promising this fall. You're talking to a guy with bogus priorities.

Cottonwood Removal

1093793_542914195808517_7339447348013921826_o.jpg

1294537_542914362475167_24600780626389614_o.jpg

I don't think I have ever seen that arrangement before, with the main sling on the trunk and the supplementary ropes balancing out the limb weight for the pick. I've only known one or the other pretty much. You took it all in one gulp! Nice set up!

Back