The Official Work Pictures Thread

c288b54188b7973cea5e34b489c8f3f0.jpg

Flipping the forest. Clear cut and replant.

We use the logs for rough milling or projects around the park. We flip the forest because they are in poor health. The military carpet bombed tree planting 150 years ago with no management plan. The trees are failing and the forest has no under class trees coming up....so we flipping it. We stump grind ammend then replant with irrigation systems installed.

Good pictures...two questions from the pict with the yellow strap in it:

1. What was the yellow strap for?

2. Was that cut from a lead you took out, growing right beside a sister lead?

3. I see a leather cambium saver...did you climb with that limb as your TIP? Not sure I would have trusted a dead pine limb for a TIP unless I had a lanyard on the tree as I ascended...maybe something I am not seeing there?

I could see in that 3rd pic the tree to right of dead pine looks like a good TIP....just saying ;)

Hi Gary, :)

The yellow strap was attached to a Rig pulley to lower some limbs that were to big to deal with by hand. The cut was a smaller secondary lead that I dumped out before the primary. The dead limb was part of my TIP for sure, but I had a couple other large limbs on the far side and the climb line was wrapped around the whole stem, if it had failed I wouldn't have went far. I was climbing on spikes with a wire core, I was just using the climb line when I got close to the top to keep my weight close to the stem as possible, it let me keep everything weighted and go slow. . .

I know Scott, I thought real hard about setting up some kind of remote SRT thing, but man, those trees were not as tall as they look in the picture. It felt like a really long swing into the building. . .

DSC03965.JPG

And this is why I love watching game film with you guys. Glaring mistake ^^ :|:

Good plan on the limbs that don't show as backups if needed...I applaud your caution.:D

And so what if that dead limb popped off..a small drop onto the backup limb just gets you into that aerobic zone quicker...good for the cardio.:lol:

I likes me a climbing line when I spike up sometimes, too...makes good sense to me...thanks for the feedback.

75', a pull of the trigger!
7e8d492c689102e735de192331e80556.jpg
b7590f07687adb8c47a530ea4376774f.jpg
35c47dbce69c5634bee19cf0490dd3d6.jpg

Climbed 15' to scope this broken for for the bid from another vantage point.

Bid about 3k including crane at $600-1000. Probably maybe need the jib to dangle off. If the top shifts and drops free, I am concerned it could spear downward and flip over backwards or sideways, worst case scenario. The boom will sorta parallel the broken top. I would rather pay a bit more to put the job on, and off, if it will be safer.

In the third picture, the odd dead looking limb is normal sized, and horizontal,just close up, and hard to understand a bit, at least on a small screen.

glad you are enjoying it Sean.
Paul, thanks for the discount.

I put up the non elders Wraptor thread to build publicity, and maybe bring in new TH blood from people internet searching for wraptors.

Are you still providing a demo unit? Might be some inclined. One of those things that until you use it, it's hard to justify in the mind.

Congrats on the cone head.

Back