The Official Work Pictures Thread

Boom truck is a truck mounted crane. Less then 40 ton.....long ass wheel base. I say potatoe you say........

Crane
u7ezedyg.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both of them are mounted on a truck. I think the term "boom truck" is the same as a "cherry picker" - outdated terminology.

I'll stick with calling them cranes.

A line truck, used to set utility poles is also called a boom truck , line truck or digger/derrick. I guess you could call it a mini-crane if you so desire Butch. Mobile cranes used to be nearly all pin connected, folding, skeletonized fixed booms, most often mounted on tracks. Boom trucks were their smaller, rubber tired cousins with extendable boom sections. With all the newer designs, that's all out the window. Call it whatever you want to, they all pick up heavy stuff!

The difference is one is a crane mounted on a standard truck chassis, the other is a purpose built chassis designed to take that crane and nothing else.

My truck has a crane on it, but it's not its only function.

The little city cranes can get into amazingly tight spots, they are narrower than a standard truck and have 4 wheel steer and crab steer at low speeds.

Peter nailed it on the head. Boom truck is a crane mounted on a standard truck chassis. A truck crane/mobile crane/all terrain crane are all mounted on purpose built chassis that are only meant for the crane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe this has been posted here before, but somebody just sent it to me. I'm thinking it's been staged. Looks like the guy has a harness and a rope. Top of the first ladder is tied off.

ATT1.jpg

Your US cranes are so squarish looking. Designers over there need to take a hint form the Japanese cranes, much more aerodynamic rounded. 8) Funny, the cars here tend to be very squarish these days, like little boxes running down the road. I like the crane designs much better.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg tight back yard, limited DZ, for it all down and cleaned up in 4.5 hrs. 2 saws husky 540 & 562 Customer wanted the stump cut below the deck boards, so we had to rip out a lot of boards to cut the stump as low as possible.

Bank lot drive thru thought possibly about just cutting it free from the tripod it was but worked it down for safety.
uzyzyna6.jpg

u8u2a4ym.jpg
uqu9ehat.jpg
a7yraqa2.jpg
Get to do the rest in three weeks.
No damage to fence best part:D
vezu3y3e.jpg

Maybe this has been posted here before, but somebody just sent it to me. I'm thinking it's been staged. Looks like the guy has a harness and a rope. Top of the first ladder is tied off.

View attachment 55717

I know an old guy who did this several times to reach high limbs, except he would lash the ladder(s) directly to the trunk. He's in his eighties now I imagine, and did it the last time I know of just a couple years ago....

Back