The Official Work Pictures Thread

image.jpg

Rain or shine it was happening. Unfortunately it was rain. Quick pic from the phone. I'll get a few more sorted later. Had to use basket on the second line, wouldn't let us tie into the ball. Stupid but it is the rules in BC. Went flawlessly!

Dumbest part was we couldn't tie onto the ball(or a shackle just above) but we could tie onto the basket to lower down to make the cut? I dunno what that was about, but with a 430/hr crane on site I wasn't gonna argue about it. Get it done.

Nice one squished

I'm not a huge fan of the little balls either on sweet gums, they get tangled on everything. Were cabling it today but not me unfortunately, I'm needed on a cypress hedge:whine: hard to please clients apparently.
The tree has bleeding necrosis and it's currently situated on a building site, it's definitely stressed and I'm not sure how long she'll survive TBH. We've applied fungicide stem injections to try and slow the bleeding and have told the clients to mulch with fertiliser.
J8)

Ode to the sweet gum

Sweet gum balls they stick bare feet
Like an upturned golfer's cleat

On pavement they make you slip and stumble
And sooner or later you'll take a tumble

In fall they drop leaves by the ton
They kill your grass and block the sun

Most say "kill 'em all, big or small,
Cut 'em down, make 'em fall"

The wood ain't good for plank or board
Or firewood by the stick or cord

They don't make good poles for fishin'
But they got more balls than a politician

I don't like the baskets either, how they bang around and sheet, but you get used to them. One crane outfit here, that is their set up. I also don't like it when they lower the basket with the tree directly hanging above you cabled to the other hook. Some seconds to a minute of I want out of here. If the tree were to break loose for some reason, forget it.....

Really nice pics treehousers! Squish getting some good pics up, nice crane job :thumbup:

removed this 90% dead blue oak today...got off back and some side leaner weight then felled this Pig like nobodys business...3 animal sheds and barn to miss ;)

Ode to the sweet gum

Sweet gum balls they stick bare feet
Like an upturned golfer's cleat

On pavement they make you slip and stumble
And sooner or later you'll take a tumble

In fall they drop leaves by the ton
They kill your grass and block the sun

Most say "kill 'em all, big or small,
Cut 'em down, make 'em fall"

The wood ain't good for plank or board
Or firewood by the stick or cord

They don't make good poles for fishin'
But they got more balls than a politician

Hilarious!!! And all true...great find...or did you write it?

Nice end to a productive day !!
u4asunu3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of you may remember me reducing this stick of cedar for a carving...
IMG_20140325_123406.jpg

Here is the carving... Recently finished. I guess this was the carvers first bear. I think he did an excellent job!
I put mother and daughter in one picture for scale. Unfortunately, the HO did not get a family picture. For some reason, it did not take. :dontknow:
IMG_0481.jpg IMG_0482.jpg IMG_0483.jpg

Back