The Official Work Pictures Thread

It ours. Looks a little TreeCareish huh :-)
e4a4u2uv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it did! Did you guys buy it from Eric? Rear mount grapple trucks are the way to go for tree work imo.

Rear mounts generally have larger beds Jay, more reach since you can back right up to piles or logs. You can also pull and load a trailer, which is generally another 70 yards of capacity. Unloading, I'd prefer to unload with the grapple, as you can stack it high, and in a neat pile, comapred to a mid mount that dumps that leaves a big trailer of debris, plus you have to get up and move the loader anyways to dump. And who really wants to dump 50-60 yards of material in a truck like that? they're known to be very tippy when dumping.

Thanks. The guy that hauls our logs has seven grapple trucks now, business is booming with little competition for him. All front mounts, from what I have seen. I'll have to ask him why not a rear mount the next time I se him. Since he mainly hauls to the auction yard, unloading neatly is a priority. .

Cab mount can be handy for logs as the long ones can overhang the rear.

Iv got a rear mount with side dump body, so best of both worlds.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 79
Adrian, the grapple trucks that come to our jobs are either six or ten ton. I don't recall seeing larger in this area. The luxury of wide roads isn't anywhere here like in the states. I imagine for a lot of foreign visitors coming to the states, one of the first things that they notice is how wide the roads are.

I thought it did! Did you guys buy it from Eric? Rear mount grapple trucks are the way to go for tree work imo.

No, we got this one from the guy that got all those guys started using the big grapples. We only run a 2-3 man crew and u know how productive they can make u.

Nice! I really want one, but as of right now we don't have a dump site, so until that so happens big chipper and chip truck for us! May I ask who got them started on the big grapples and where you got yours? Always good to have the connections when the time comes! If you want you can PM me as well.

Leaning Digger pine monday

Removal over street, limbed it, throw tops,
then left nice hinge and lowerd the whole trunk with pulley and rope (pic 4) across street, not touching it, then directed trunk to ditch for HO's neighbor to cut up and haul off for firewood

Back