The Official Work Pictures Thread

Quite a big tree for just two of us on the job. A ton of limbs, up to 6in and 20 ft over the first half, then becoming smaller there after. Ziplined nearly all so to enable to keep the limbs whole and get them closer to the chipper. I had to get down 3 times to help chip and sort out, but it worked out as one guy trying to chip and run the line would've been way too slow. Was able to fall a good sized log towards the end which saved a lot of time. TL000934 - Copy.jpg TL000936 - Copy.jpg TL000937 - Copy.jpg TL000938 - Copy.jpg TL000967 - Copy.jpg TL000986 - Copy.jpg

After studying the vids and pics on here from Reg and August amongst others I had a zip line job on a Douglas in an enclosed courtyard recently. Had some problems at first with angles and slack etc. but once we got it going it was great, delivering three or four branches at a time over the wall to the chipper. Made a very good days money on a job no one else wanted.
Not too many big single stem softwoods here so not an everyday technique but never too old to learn, thanks all:)

That's a hell of tree for just two workers, Reg. You sure know how to get it done, and get it done well.

After studying the vids and pics on here from Reg and August amongst others I had a zip line job on a Douglas in an enclosed courtyard recently. Had some problems at first with angles and slack etc. but once we got it going it was great, delivering three or four branches at a time over the wall to the chipper. Made a very good days money on a job no one else wanted.
Not too many big single stem softwoods here so not an everyday technique but never too old to learn, thanks all:)

hardwood can be done well, too. most straight down rigging can be speedlined closer to the chipper, with less effort, if the team is proficient with speedlining.

Some great pics you all!!

Got down 8 digger pines today and trimmed one near garage, Im beat!

Used homeowners lift again on 2 dead pines ;)

Last tree from yesterday afternoon....a tall one for what it was. Had a climber from another company on the job also, taking out some cedars elsewhere on the site. Was tough to watch I can tell you.

Wind gusting hard when I pulled off a big top, modified a couple of adjacent trees as a result....but no big deal. I was working solo by the time I dropped and bucked the log.
TL000995.jpg TL000238 - Copy.jpg TL000243 - Copy (2).jpg TL000244 - Copy.jpg TL000250 - Copy.jpg

Back