The Official Work Pictures Thread

Have you seen the Metolius rope hook? Or would that have even caught on too many limbs.

I have, looks handy, I think NHLocal (Randy) would really like one, he likes to keep his rope up there with him. I've been using a STEIN bag that came with my STEIN spurs, it's more 'tube' like and works good for holding rope too. Thanks.

I really like the helmet, a lot.
Cool.

There's never a moment I'm not wearing mine. On the ground, wherever. But it gets hot hot hot and humid here, wondering how it would fare -being it would never leave my head. Does it vent well?

I was lucky enough to get in on the pre-order (before i worked @ TreeStuff) through the Facebook group. I drove up to Detroit yesterday to hear Kevin give a talk on the evolution of SRT and was able to grab my RopeRunner.

Phil had a side job waiting so we went out this morning, wrecked to small ash trees and made a little cash.

The Rope Runner is sweet. I came from mechanicals and always wanted to see a full mech WITH vertical rope travel, Kevin did it.

Nice Nick!

Would love to see some pics of rope going through it and like Sean said, vid? ;)

The more reps you get the more you will know, but generally speaking, does the RR perform up there with RW and HH?

Cool picture, btw.

Its different. For me it was better than both, but I totally understand how some people could hate it. The HH and the RW both rely on hitches which create variability. The Rope Runner uses replaceable wear components and a combination of camming actions.

Starting thread..

topped out a few Walnut from over house & service today. Groundy had some spare time on his hands and took some pics...

Attachments

• MTP-M-37 job 001.jpg
    MTP-M-37 job 001.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 72
  • MTP-M-37 job 002.jpg
    MTP-M-37 job 002.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 72
  • MTP-M-37 job 003.jpg
    MTP-M-37 job 003.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 73
  • MTP-M-37 job 004.jpg
    MTP-M-37 job 004.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 73
  • MTP-M-37 job 005.jpg
    MTP-M-37 job 005.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 72
A few more...

Attachments

• MTP-M-37 job 006.jpg
    MTP-M-37 job 006.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 68
  • MTP-M-37 job 007.jpg
    MTP-M-37 job 007.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 69
  • MTP-M-37 job 008.jpg
    MTP-M-37 job 008.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 67
  • MTP-M-37 job 009.jpg
    MTP-M-37 job 009.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 67
  • MTP-M-37 job 010.jpg
    MTP-M-37 job 010.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 67
thanks guys!

think I've got the climbing pretty much done today. Maybe a couple leads yet to prevent splits but they should all be dropped, bucked & sold tomorrow. Heavy leans toward the Service on most and no machinery on site yet so will get out the GRCS and pull them back.

Yes, we do love our comm helmets.8)

These are all black walnut you guys log? A steady stream of them? You sell to a mill that cuts mostly walnut?

Back