The Official Work Pictures Thread

Was that bluish (on my screen) looking rope through the block there and pre-tensioned just to keep the tree from be able to veer toward the structure? Nice!!!

Thanks Merle, yes that pre tensioned [by my truck] 3/4 stable braid is my 90 degree to lay guy line. That tree had a heavy side lean over the cabin and chimney.

Cherry tree removal (Mayday cherry - Prunus padus).
Small yard, lots of targets.
Tricky.
Lots of small cuts and rigging.
Lot of fun too. ;-)

DSCN0237.jpg

DSCN0239.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

DSCN0243.jpg

Willard, Going to have to borrow your “90 deg. to lay guy line” trick, thanks.

Now I better go through this whole work pictures thread too. Had just looked at last few pages.

I was not climbing on it and had just put it on the rope in prep so I could see it move. I then read the instructions ;)and retied it with the 5 wraps. It was a learning curve to get the hitch tight enough before the stopper knot was set without adding the slack from dressing and setting the stopper. A new saddle will be next as my current has the leather backing for hpd rollers and it is long. With the HH I will want it to be closer to me and lower.

Willard, Going to have to borrow your “90 deg. to lay guy line” trick, thanks.

Now I better go through this whole work pictures thread too. Had just looked at last few pages.
Merle, we're on page 140 right now. Go back to page 17 and see my posts on a big 3 stem poplar I took down, I show another guy line I used that shows I over wrapped the port o wrap. I did that to reassure a number of city employees who were watching that this tree was secure and to maybe help them stop asking so many questions.
:D

Back