The Official Work Pictures Thread

New in box. I could facilitate it but shipping to you from here would be $40-50 I imagine.

I believe the ratcheting ones retail online for $560...

He's a wheeler and dealer, so $350 might take it home.

Here are some pictures of the platforms I built this past week at the zoo. First are for Lions, second for Amur Leopard, and third is a volunteer pruning assistant that I caught in the act about 3 this afternoon.

0503131306.jpg
0503131307.jpg
0503131333.jpg

That KK is a big sucker. I never had a size perspective on it. What is the handle like? Does anybody know if it is still available for sale anywhere? I didn't find it when googling. Looks like a good device for the money.
Sean... You can buy them new as far as I know. They are no GRCS or Hobbs... But... For the price, you can do a lot with them. We tipped that one spar in the picture 1
80 out and lowered it on it with a gin pole set up. It uses a truckers bar that tightens the strap and the bollard.
Of course, only good on removals as you have to cut a shelf for it. I might try lagging it to a tree sometime as an experiment.. but...... :dontknow:
I do know I have caught chunks over 1000# with it. The pretensioning is a great help.....

Good on you, Bob. I wouldn't get in a lion's cage even if there was no lion in it. Those big cats scare me. I've seen a big angry tiger close up, and no thank you one bit. They rule the jungle!

Jay, the lion is not even in town, so I am pretty safe now. Think they come back on May 11 and then have 30 day quarantine before they are out for the public.

Nice work the zoo, Bob. Do they have any rare or unusual creatures there, and wolverines?

This afternoons job. Local bicycle club hosting a bike race (not sure if this one is cyclocross or mountainbike, but typically they get approximately 300 riders) at a DuPont estate and this is right over the trail.

Before photo:
trail.jpg

Been a while since I posted a video, here's the first from today. Unloading the excavator at the start of the job.

<object width="853" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k--otEiyuFo?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k--otEiyuFo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="853" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

First pic was emailed to me by the woman who runs the race; not sure, but I think she has a smartphone of some sort; I used my Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone for the 'after' pic.

Back