The Official Work Pictures Thread

These are fun, tell me if you get bored. It's very hard to figure out where to put the camera, I thought I was too close! Deceiving.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hO7G2QytLx0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I saw a rope or two.

Brendon, do you find that you now charge more(for equipment) the same(because you are more efficient) or less( because you are more efficient)? You must have some different ins now and at least a little more overhead.

Thanks Carl. I just happened to look at my post count (why i dont know) and see that I am at 10% of yours.

Me being boastful would say IMO I run one of the most efficient operations going8) Me, 1 guy, a Wraptor. a wheel loader, a Conehead and a knuckle boom kick ass on a dailey basis. I am the cheep guy in town for big take downs but I stay busy and make pretty decent money whilst working easier.......

Couple tops roped, wood roped, and trunks dropped. Left the mini home and roped to make sure everything laid parallel to the driveway so my buddy can easily pick the logs with the log truck. I didn't want to bother with picking them up.

Bud, good question.

I'm still getting used to figuring things out with the addition of the bucket truck. I tend to price still figuring climbing, but I find my day is done at about noon, for jobs that would of taken the whole day the other way. I can charge less I guess you can say, yet my hourly is usually much, much higher than life without the truck. More competitive I guess. The truck operates very efficiently, so it doesn't take much to pay for itself for the month.

Gotta love that bucket Brendon... But like Paul... I still keep it small and simple. I need a Mini now. But it is almost a year out.
I prefer to be "the climber" in my company. Just less worries is all.

Gotta love that bucket Brendon... But like Paul... I still keep it small and simple. I need a Mini now. But it is almost a year out.
I prefer to be "the climber" in my company. Just less worries is all.

Most of the problems I encountered climbing those years was that you only seem to be as good as your groundman. They sure can make things tough, no matter how good you are. There is nothing about my setup I find anything more than simple. Two trucks, a mini, a chipper, and a trailer. Every piece has it's job. I do dream of a 15" chipper at some point, but what I have I feel works fine for now.

I think you are in a sweet spot. Geared and skilled enough to make money, and small enough to keep your over head reasonable. I tip my hat.

I was thinking of looking at that bandit 1390HD. 15" capacity. Still light enough to tow behind a new one ton too, and be legal loaded with chips.

Any offers, LOL (cab and chassis only)

Attachments

• DSC00498.JPG
    DSC00498.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 114
Na, not unless I find nice one used. Few far and in between though. Don't want a 6.4, and most of the 6.0s seem worked or high miles. I'm not sure it would do much more than a 350 would do anyways. The new ones have 14,000 gvw, 15,000 bumper pull trailer weight. A 550 would get the same body the truck has now, as I don't want a longer wheel base. Not much difference IMO unless I got a longer body, or something.

I've heard good things about the new 6.7 trucks, they have incredible power as well. Test drove one for fun, the trucks are so quiet it's almost weird... especially being inside my 7.3 all the time. Can't go wrong with the new 1390HD chippers; my 2004 1590 (which I think is exactly equivalent to the new 1390) is a beast and chips all day long and keeps asking for more. I absolutely love that machine, still makes me smile in the morning.

jp:D

I heard the same. they seem to be getting a good rep. 800ft lbs of torque, whoa!

1590 is a beast, i run one when i work with a friend. bandit just swapped around specs between those two machines. you can get a 1390 witch is 13", 1390Hd has a different feed system which is 15", i think the 1590 is now a 17 or 18" chipper. one hell of a beast

Our 1590 is an 18"er... and it is a beast!

Brendon, you should post your timelapses in the timelapse thread: https://www.masterblasterhome.com/showthread.php?15505-Time-Lapse-Tree-Work&highlight=time+lapse

I like them btw, but you gotta get rid of that tag in the center. As I understand the HERO takes pictures, does it put all of the photos from each taping in one folder, or does it split it into multiple folders? What are you using to compile it into video? What interval are you using 1 photo/second?

If you want reply in the timelapse thread, it would be nice to see some action in there besides me!

Back