The Official Work Pictures Thread

Active climbing at -14°C(7°F)? Long underwear, probably buy some cut resistant pants since it's cool enough to support them, Tshirt, thin long sleeve shirt, vest, and maybe a Carhartt jacket instead of my BDU jacket. I might finally have use for wesspur's winter weight buff under my helmet. Maybe not. Might have to stick with the light one.

Fingers are the problem. I've never climbed in those temps. I have some gloves that are too warm for around here, but I don't know if they'd be warm enough for Russia. Fingers were historically my biggest problem, but it hasn't been cold in a long time.

Hands are indeed the biggest problem. Long before I got saddled with the arthritis, I had a hard time keeping my hands warm enough to maintain dexterity. Now with arthritis to boot, I'm in trouble when the cold weather comes, even cool weather.

Tree climbing with what feels like blocks of frozen wood for hands is not safe, leaving aside the painful part of the scenario.

Nothing better than perfectly tuned winter tree work wear.

I'm up to 8 torso layers in the morning during current weather and I'll have 10 layers on when it gets really cold. Usually wearing 3-4 layers later in the day.

I'm not a fan of coveralls maybe cuz I've never tried them, doh!

Natural fur lined boots look rad! Max that's short for 'radical', its a good thing :rockhard:

Hands are the worst. And lately I can’t keep them warm. It’s not even cold out here yet. I’ve had many times in years past though where it was down right unsafe. Is barley be able to run my hitch or mechanical to get down and then would have to have some undo my carabiners and help me get my saddle and spurs off so I could get in a truck and warm up.

Also it was a beautiful day today. Upper 30’s and not windy.

Nothing better than perfectly tuned winter tree work wear.

I'm up to 8 torso layers in the morning during current weather and I'll have 10 layers on when it gets really cold. Usually wearing 3-4 layers later in the day.

I'm not a fan of coveralls maybe cuz I've never tried them, doh!

Natural fur lined boots look rad! Max that's short for 'radical', its a good thing :rockhard:
3-4-10 layers of clothing are not very comfortable. It's better to just have a good winter jumpsuit. In winter, at temperatures below -15 *, I put clothes on my hands in leather gloves with fur. Gloves made of thick cotton with the addition of latex, withstanding temperatures up to -15 °C, plus additional thin woolen gloves.

Active climbing at -14°C(7°F)? Long underwear, probably buy some cut resistant pants since it's cool enough to support them, Tshirt, thin long sleeve shirt, vest, and maybe a Carhartt jacket instead of my BDU jacket. I might finally have use for wesspur's winter weight buff under my helmet. Maybe not. Might have to stick with the light one.

Fingers are the problem. I've never climbed in those temps. I have some gloves that are too warm for around here, but I don't know if they'd be warm enough for Russia. Fingers were historically my biggest problem, but it hasn't been cold in a long time.

I was having problems yesterday. -10c but felt like -14c.

Many Swedish Whitebeams to reduce on a housing estate. Snowing to boot.

My damaged hand was playing up. I was having trouble feeling the chainsaw and throttle in my hand. Very unsafe.

I was rotating gloves between trees, had my electric heat liners in and used those heat pads after the batteries ran out. My hands are still tingling today.

It was meant to be 3 days in a row. I had to cancel today. But back there tomorrow.

Hafta take real extra care over that automobile, for sure.

:D
You should have seen the inside of the house! Sheriff sale for back taxes, hoarder, and rodent lover. The guy must have been living with a thousand critters. Fuggin disgusting! The car is but a glimpse of the nastyness.
We cut out about 70 trees so far most on the smaller size but just over grown and nasty.

Last edited:
3-4-10 layers of clothing are not very comfortable. It's better to just have a good winter jumpsuit.
I find the layers comfortable and of course readily adjustable as needed . How does that work with a jumpsuit? It seems that if you are comfortable in a jumpsuit in cold, early morning temps, later when you are working hard and the day warms up, you will be too hot in the jumpsuit?

Guys with cold hands, have you tried wearing nitrile gloves (the surgical/mechanics kind) under your gloves? It adds an surprising amount of warmth with minimal dexterity loss, and if you need to use handwarmers they hold them right on you so they work better. Thicker gloves might be another option to try, might even go with some stick welding gloves with a big gauntlet, which helps keep snow and chips out of them, and keeps the wrist covered better so there's less heat lost.

I have tried that in the past but I felt like I had no grip.

I worked today and went through three pairs of gloves. I. The end I settled for some winter work gloves that are completely rubber coated and fleece lined. The other pairs were getting wet with the snow and the hand warmers I was using.

Back