The Official Work Pictures Thread

if I absolutely HAVE to go 2 high on the cribbing this is what I do, else its just 4 bits of lumber running inline with the jack right ontop of the pad, which does infact spread the load even better on the pad, to put the pad ontop would need 7 wide on the cribbing instead of 4, and 36" long instead of the 24" stuff

1699505760784.png

any setup I do, pavement, dirt, mud, etc gets at minimum a pad on the bottom, then I add to that for height to level up, the front end usually just has 2/3 wide with the 4x4's and a single 6x6 block ontop, the tires dont take much load on this when properly setup

A handful of skids doesn't weigh thousands of pounds, and they're not always needed. But sometimes they are. You never drive on hard surface then place a stabilizer in the yard? Don't own plywood or mats so you can get your truck places it couldn't simply drive thru the grass to? Never work in or after bad weather? Despite your assumptions, there's a right and wrong way to do stuff, and it's that way for a reason. I (and everyone else here) know you don't know how to crib for a crane, or anything else for that matter, i was just politely trying to give you some fundamentals so your tire doesn't slip off, or your stabilizer (not outrigger) doesn't sink and kill you one day, or mess up your truck again leading to even more lessons learned the hard way with zeros at the end of it. Or you help "crib" a crane (which you apparently use all the time) outrigger and then we have to read about it when it cuts a house in half with you tied to it.

You're very motivated and not scared of hard work which is good to see in a young guy, but you're completely closed off from learning stuff that others try to help you with, stuff that they felt was worth their time to try to teach you. This will cost you time and money in the long run, and if you like doing work as such may likely lead to injury or death one day. I post pictures as such to qualify my experience on the matter rather than just being some idiot with a computer, definitely not for admiration or praise, because I've been around enough to know that my pictures and stuff aren't shit compared to others. Please forgive me if i learned the lessons you gave and don't bother next time.

How often is the tailswing a problem? I like being able to short jack but having tailswing past mid span outriggers defeats the purpose really, depending if you are up against a house or say a fence where you can swing over to clear

Crane we run has a 22ft span, no short jack option and only 102ft of boom, never long enough

The tail swing on the 45 isn't bad at all but it is a definite factor on the 55.

The tail swing on the 45 isn't bad at all but it is a definite factor on the 55.
The 50l has 8ft of tailswing past the deck when turned 90 degrees if I remember correctly
But 151 feed of main boom and a wicked chart when reaching out real far so I'm sure most of the time It can reach even of you are set up farther away if needed

Most of my work that 151ft of boom would reach from the road if I had to

Wow Bigtwig, I knew you were short changing us! :lol: :rockhard:

You seem to have a pathological aversion to any and all junky equipment;):\:8).

Thx for posting, good chit.

What led you to getting a matte black FB?

The 45's and 55's we use have 125' of main boom, give or take.

The 85 ton has 150' of main boom, its a beast.

151ft main, 36ft of jib with a 202ft max tip height, impressive chart out to about 145ft radius

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231109_180250_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231109_180250_Chrome.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 5
I'm around cranes all the time, and I couldn't tell you a thing about them. I should probably pay more attention. There's the big cranes(crawlers), and little cranes(tire). I like the crawlers :^D

I'm around cranes all the time, and I couldn't tell you a thing about them. I should probably pay more attention. There's the big cranes(crawlers), and little cranes(tire). I like the crawlers :^D
cranes please the autism, if im not running one or hanging off one im probably playing with them on farming simulator lol

I think that is the chart for a 55 L (long boom) We've used it a couple times. Lotta boom for the truck. A 60xl is more built for the 150' main boom afaik

yeah the chart I mentioned is for the 50L

ive never used a jib either, my crane guy leaves his off the boom for capacity since usually we are sub 1K capacity and the jib takes out another 150-480 pounds depending on boom length
with 151ft of boom I doubt I will need the jib very often but it comes with the crane when you buy it, and im fine with the deduction it causes since the chart is so good anyways

I would go from 800# picks to 3000# picks pretty easy, and do those same 800# picks at well over 100 feet away instead of 70-80ft like we have been stuck with
the 60xl would be nice but im trying to stay in the 40-55 ton range, lighter truck, lighter outrigger loads, cheaper to buy and maintain, and a few other reasons, 50 ton is already overkill

one thing I dont like about the 50L is the X outriggers on the front, id much rather have 5 outriggers personally, lower loads, easier to jack up for cribbing, and a few other reasons

yeah the 60 xl is a beast, it eats driveways for breakfast.

55 is a beast, its' what Ive used most often but lately lotta 45 use cuz it's a little lighter and it costs a hundo less for 8 hours

yeah the 60 xl is a beast, it eats driveways for breakfast.

55 is a beast, its' what Ive used most often but lately lotta 45 use cuz it's a little lighter and it costs a hundo less for 8 hours
the 30 ton we rent is $130 an hour, $570 minumum, my most expensive crane bill was $1800

ive had quotes for a 70 ton A/T and 80 ton truck cranes for around $2500 a day, and 6 thousand for a 210 ton linkbelt A/T with no counterweights for 1 day, theres a guy about an hour and a half south of me with a 38 ton altec for $175 an hour port to port with no minimum but he is available almost every weekend with no notice, so if I need a crane like this saturday I can call him and have him here at 7am

never cracked a driveway with the 30, im sure as soon as I go to the 38 or 50 ton then I am going to have to update the contract from a "maybe" to a guarantee of a broken driveway

Yes a 30 ton is an awesome crane. 33 ton used to be my favorite crane, it seemed so huge and heavy but now it's just too dang small :lol:

Back