The Official Work Pictures Thread

Hey Rich, just out of curiosity, what was the capacity (ie: how big a stick can it accept at the throat) of that tracked chipper? Thx in advance.

I will check tomorrow.

It is a Timberwolf tracked 280vtr. Think it is about 28cm. Rectangle gap.
Edit: it is 8”

Hey Rich, just out of curiosity, what was the capacity (ie: how big a stick can it accept at the throat) of that tracked chipper? Thx in advance.

The one hinge in the tree was not my best, but good enough to hit that layout.

My chain was a bit wonky, so I didn't match cleanly, which isn't important, but I couldn't get the face with a tall hinge to bust out cleanly in the middle, so I ran the saw crosswise, boring through. In retrospect, it way easier to make a full gap face by starting with the bore-cut, and making a horizontal and slope, or more typically, two horizontals, with a snipe. Barely got a 17' log. I don't know that the butt will mill out. I have to definitely make it two 8' plus trim to move it. I rough estimated log lengths, rather than using a tape. I didn't think of taking it with me. All the logs are good sizes. Maybe an extra 6-10" per log. Better a little long than short. The top 20' was squiggly...firewood.

That's my regular view, thankfully! Summertime more mountains, and volcanos, Wintertime, lots of clouds.

I just did a job a few weeks back at the private neighborhood entrance. These customers are new, I have 2 other customers in that development. These ones were very happy, and about to go to an HOA meeting. I bet I have some new customers coming! The whole joint is well-heeled.

I think there is enough fire wood for the winter.

Neighbor "Brother Charlie" had evidently loaded some logs before.

One big load in his car trailer done, two to go.

He's offloading at "Brother Lennie's" sawmill now.

Neither are friars. 20220624_133538.jpg 16561029673577576431351252252180.jpg 16561029966266887310728454035822.jpg

Two dump truck loads on top of a large car trailer-load ("Brother Charlie's) of cedar to "Brother Lennie's" sawmill today.

Still have a bunch of fir to go to the mill, and some cedar, and a couple oak and madrone logs. 20220625_113309.jpg

Log loaders unload and consolidste brush piles, and trailer loads of logs in a snap, too.

Way more space in the work yard.

Got a call from a buddy Thursday. "Can you come dig up a Bird of Paradise? An hour tops." Sure, no problem. I get there and it's a root mound 6' across, completely embedded with bamboo. Then he says "The owner wants to dig a small fish pond, 3-4 scoops of dirt maximum." No problem, but I already have a half load of wood on the truck today. I need an empty truck for that. Today I go to dig it up and now it's "She wants a small wading pool, 6x12x5' deep". I told him I can't haul that much dirt but will do my best. 2 hours later I have a hole 6x12x2.5' deep. I spread some dirt around the yard as well. Went to dump the dirt at a guy's property I don't really like (it has bamboo in it) and it wouldn't dump. Shoveled 1.5 yards of dirt by hand, then the truck wouldn't move (stuck). Finally got it out using my loader and a 2-1 on the rigging rope run through a pulley (Pulley not shown in the pic). Was a 6 hour ordeal start to finish. For a simple "Can you dig up a Bird of Paradise?"

290086407_1087181758865031_6005183420465090967_n.jpg

Last edited:
Saw your post on FB Brian. I hope you get your truck sorted out. I hope you charged the crap out of people that made your day difficult with add ons. Or fire the custy for the inconvenience. Probably come begging like mine do for a renegotiation :lol:

The truck is great, got my windows tinted this week! Only the second 'splurge' on the truck (after seat covers) since I bought it. I charged him $500, which almost covers my $100 per hour rate. But it covers my day rate, so it's all good.

Edit- I see the cause of confusion. My truck wasn't broken down, just stuck in the soft dirt. The wimpy motor didn't even have enough torque to spin the tires. Once I got it out of the hole it was fine.

Last edited:
BMG Scoops are awesome!!!

Log loaders are ever more so.

4 grabs emptied my trailer.

I'll have a grapple truck haul away a pile before it gets wet, and/ have a gravel roadway added into my field.

"Brother Charlie", 69 y.o., loves to use his equipment and be productive fixing things.

One hand washes the other.

He is going to move the loader to "Brother Lennie's" sawmill, as Charlie now has a dump truck for slab firewood. Previously, the loader unloaded of the big car trailer of waste slabs, which I cut for Charlie.

Lennie made do with a front-end loader with forks on the bucket for loading wood, and tongs for unloading non-dump truck loads of logs.

I'm going to be drowning in lumber to sell!

20220625_141323.jpg 20220625_161105.jpg

Back