The Official Work Pictures Thread

Tubular webbing>wire chokers re ease of use. Wire will probably wear longer, especially under abusive conditions.

PC loves his rigging chains for crane work.

Someone post a Reg video and @cory goes and does the 201 mod😂.

This is the heavy version of that hook. I tried finding the gunnebo version but didn’t come across a price or US distributor. Prolly didn’t look hard enough. I know you have to be alert to install them properly or you can load the gate. I’d like to try them

Butch n I didn't agree about much, except the use of single steel chokers on crane removals.

Along with Roger Barnett of RB Tree.......

Synthetics only make sense in proximity to high power lines, IME.

Jomo

Last edited:
No I do not. Yet. I’ve been thinking about getting some for a while. We just unhook from the ball and choke the round slings to themselves. Irritates me to no end but I’m still not sure if I can trust the others to load them properly
@Jomo
Synthetic slings are lighter and easier to use. They wear worse but are cheaper to replace. No getting burrs in your hands either. To each there own though

Last edited:
I used to be comfortable using chains with gates like that. One day the climber set the chain and I swung him over to his cut so he didn’t have to traverse. Went back over the chain and tensioned up to what I guessed it would be. He cut it and the limb rolled a little bit then dropped. We have no idea how it managed to do it but it did. When lifting picks over peoples heads I want to be certain they don’t come undone

When lifting picks over peoples heads I want to be certain they don’t come undone

I certainly can't argue with that.

As I hooked up the first pic, the op pointed out that I didn't have the hook correctly hooked- it needs to be hooked so the spine takes all the weight once the pick is made and hanging free. If hooked the opposite way, the gate could coceivably take some of the weight. It is an easy thing to check for. As I am the guy up there, I feel ok with it.

Paul, do you use a shackle with your chains?

Is there a cold temp below which you will choose not to work or is temp not a factor?

Well I guess you don't have to worry about that gate!

Nice.

Back