The Official Work Pictures Thread

:lol: at the whole lot of you. If it grows near your home, and you can source it for cheap, it's clearly the best firewood ever :).

That little woodshed represents a whole lotta work?? Maybe...just like those four rounds of firewood does?

Pffffft.

I don't think so.

:/::P:|:

Last edited:
Yah , @Burnham ... feel free to showcase your cutting / splitting skills at your earliest convenience - a video or pic of the 064 and your choice of axe or maul .... :) I’m CSS WNY hardwoods ... not the PNW balsa wood use guys are stuck with ! pftttttt ........ Lotta Work

Last edited:
:lol: at the whole lot of you. If it grows near your home, and you can source it for cheap, it's clearly the best firewood ever :).

That little woodshed represents a whole lotta work?? Maybe...just like those four rounds of firewood does?

Pffffft.

I don't think so.

:/::P:|:
Best firewood ever is the wood I get paid to haul home.

I got a few cords of fancy country club Osage orange to process here in NE OH. I’ll get to it sometime in the next couple of months but I ain’t gonna work hard at it. Between the TM and the TW-6 it’ll be easy-peasy. Hardest part is finding time to get to it

I've been digging my fine MD cherry the last couple years. Smells nice, and coals up well. Probably the last year for that unless I find more at work.

Never did understand the fascination with cherry ... it’s decent firewood and smells nice but at $130/face cord I’ll pass ...

I'd never pay for firewood, unless it was some kind of *'cut your own' deal. I was thinking this morning what I'd do though if offered a cord of oak or a cord of cherry, same price. I think I might go for the cherry. Oak has more heat, but I really like cherry.

*Last year or the year before I was on a job that got logged, and the slash left behind was unbelievable. I could have gotten it free, but I don't have the transportation or storage for something like that. I was thinking you could make some money on top of the logs by selling access to craigslisters. Might be more of a PITA than it's worth, but on that particular job, there was thousands $ of quality firewood left on the ground looking all shitty. Get it cleaned up, and get some money for it too.

I'd never pay for firewood, unless it was some kind of *'cut your own' deal. I was thinking this morning what I'd do though if offered a cord of oak or a cord of cherry, same price. I think I might go for the cherry. Oak has more heat, but I really like cherry.

*Last year or the year before I was on a job that got logged, and the slash left behind was unbelievable. I could have gotten it free, but I don't have the transportation or storage for something like that. I was thinking you could make some money on top of the logs by selling access to craigslisters. Might be more of a PITA than it's worth, but on that particular job, there was thousands $ of quality firewood left on the ground looking all shitty. Get it cleaned up, and get some money for it too.

Wait for one of them to injure themselves and watch the lawyers circle.

Yea, I was thinking that. I wonder how strong a waiver is? Seems like documants don't mean much once things get to court :^/

... If it grows near your home, and you can source it for cheap, it's clearly the best firewood ever :).

That little woodshed represents a whole lotta work??...

As someone who has spent the majority of his life depending on firewood, when you need it, it's all good.

Also not a fan of walking through snow and subzero wind on a frequent basis to get my wood. This is what the deck leading to my front door looks like at this time of year. IMG_1331.JPG

That's what I have going on too, but not nearly that extensive. I probably load the porch with .75 cord in the spring, and that leaves all summer to dry well. It's in three different sections. As I clear a section, I bring in more wood from the backyard. It doesn't quite dry well enough when I hit the replacements, but it's good enough.

On construction jobs like that, most places don't care if your grab some firewood, honestly if you talk to the crew ahead of time and bring a case of beer or two (or steaks, donuts, etc), you usually can have them cut to trailer length and loaded on your trailer while you are off doing your job. Same with a demo crew, good way to score scrap steel for welding around the house, etc.

Great pic, Dave. I was wondering what your wood set up looked like given that you heat ( I believe) 100% with wood 8)

Your deck could be a little more orderly though :lol:

The majority of what we bring home from work is already cut to stove length. By the time I get around to splitting it, it has already been sitting for a couple of years. Our summers tend to be so hot and dry, that even the unsplit rounds in the stack will be dry or mostly so.

Last edited:
Wait for one of them to injure themselves and watch the lawyers circle.
Cannot speak to the laws in France but here in NY you can have a standard legal contract (signed by cutter , copy of driver license or Other ID) drawn up that protects the landowner should someone get injured cutting wood on your property .... No different than when you buy a ticket to a football game - you have waived the right to sue the stadium owner - now if a drunk jackass starts a fight and someone is injured then THAT INDIVIDUAL can be held liable .... On another note @Mick , I was watching your Instagram video - your saws seem to be laboring thru the cut somewhat - fortunately I can bring them up to snuff for a small fee :D

You really need to have a 3 yr supply to ensure adequate stock and most importantly ... Dry, seasoned wood ... IF you sell ONLY dry seasoned hardwood at fair market value you will have repeat customers that buy in qty each year which is key to your operation ... Craigslist as a customer source can fill in the gaps but too many tire kickers / time wasters

It's nearly 100% of home heating for me, Kyle...that makes it serious :). Cold houses suck :D.
All wood heat here at Frankie Acres ... I’m not paying National Greed a penny more than I have to ... My only cost is for the gas water heater and that averages out to about 82c per day to have hot water for shower/bath and washing / dishwasher ... If I paid ONLY for the gas it would be about 25c a day but unfortunately National Greed charges for the privilege of being “hooked up” not to mention taxes taxes taxes , weather adjustments and a whole host of gimmicks to separate one from ones hard earned $ ... It’s not going to get cheeper that’s for sure

Back