The Official Work Pictures Thread

I take the stairs, 25', and stand on the top of the rails, once I'm secured. Gets me to working height for a lot of canopy raises, or at least into/ close to the canopy, often times.

If

Yup I call it fat boy style.
When I tell the boys I'm going fat boy they know to grab the ladder.hehehe

Hells ya,we have a lot of tile roof here,mostly the curved clay type but some of the flat grey ones here n there. I don't walk on either anymore lol
ed7a991be03157c3f0815ae121d1a21a.jpg
6dee7e922b92b2007e32275865fb8b67.jpg

Seeing you way at the top of that left lead...leaning lead...I would have thought about guying that side off to the center one(s). Am I being paranoid? Seems like your weight would have a lot of leverage at the end of that stick. Especially when I see what looks like it might be open rot spots on the other leads. Maybe I'm just having a "girly" day (sorry, Bermy:D not meaning to impugn you at all).

Understanding the forces that trees encounter on windy days helps set one's mind at ease when that far up/out on a lead on a calm day. I'd trust it (as long as it wasn't too windy).

The thought did cross my mind Gary, I decided to tie into the top of a different leader instead. Here's a picture before I got into the top and another with my line installed. You can see where the rub was also. There was actually a lot of movement on my TIP
5ea8ffb17bf5c71ed5a73f882647c279.jpg
06c50c446608387e8fc03bf98a7eab15.jpg

Understanding the forces that trees encounter on windy days helps set one's mind at ease when that far up/out on a lead on a calm day. I'd trust it (as long as it wasn't too windy).
Nailed it! 👍
Srt enabled the tie in that made it a pretty comfortable climb for me.

Ha! SRT for the win, so easy to drape the line over multiple points of the canopy. Eucs are strong and have awesome reaction wood that is even stronger. Unless you have actually climbed one, it's hard to comprehend just how unnerving it can be to work your way up those bare, skinny and slippery tall poles. I have seen lots of climbers bail on trees like that.

That smooth slipperiness must take a lot to get used to

You are right. Ive never climbed a Euc but they must be very similar. Love to hear from someone who's climbed both.

I like sycamore, they are very strong. And though smooth, the smoothness is a constant so imo is fairly easy to deal with.

The sycamore dust when chipping is of course super nasty.

Oh ya sycamore balls are no joke.
The tie in on this particular tree had multiple wounds from branch failure hence the over extended tie in configuration. Lots of movement, the two may be similar in ways but imo also very different. I am on a phone so my detail is non existent lol but I see sycamore as a more stable tree In my region.

My lunch wasn't sitting well one day on a big sycamore job,ended up puking in the chip container and musta sucked in some that fiberglass sheet. Left there with a case of tonsillitis....life lesson.

Back