The Official Work Pictures Thread

Be patient Jed. Do your thing and try to influence the others. You could very well be the positive change they needed and be well rewarded.

Just being provocative, with a Brit angle.

But I've virtually never used a like button and long story short, it seems the like button might be a bad aspect of social media. It creates unproductive angst within posters and viewers.

My point was Cory that by using the thumb up emoji you are using the ‘like’ button

That one went over my head, thanks for pointing it out.

To me, the occasional thumbs up means a specific agreement or endorsement of what's at hand. Whereas Like buttons generally make me think of FB and constant liking or not liking of most things encountered on there. Seems dumb to me but that's just 2 cents worth

But, but, but. That was only a wink!:whine:

I think 'like' buttons are stupid too. It's not a feature I feel like I'm missing out on here.

Try to school them w/o them knowing they're being schooled.

Sir, you are sooooo bang-on.

Corey: RE Stumper's "Bumfuzzler." Ancient thread somewhere in the House. Man, that guy didn't seem like he had done all that much cutting, but, MAN, he knew some stuff. I've heard that the tiniest little tweak in bar rail height, (Think, either side of the bar-groove) can bumfuzzle you like there's no tomorrow, and NO AMMOUNT OF FILING will ever, ever, ever, ever set you straight again. Dude, it's true! I done it twice. Each time I just scrubbed the rails down lower with one of the blue, little pferd deals, and I was right as rain.

Here's Jake... the crazy bugger. Crazy tall Lombos. Came out mid-day to give him a hand, and he let me fall the two biggest sticks.

Know what?... Craziest thought just occurred to me... Because I was all hurt that my silly pics wouldn't load right... then this thought occurred: What kind of a lazy wuss can't even hold his head sideways fer two seconds, to check out my brother Jake??

20180208_133006.jpg 20180208_150056.jpg 20180208_150045.jpg

That first picture is a cool one. Nice hinge too but that one looks like it might be off about 1/32”. Nothing a little practice won’t fix. :P

Yes, or they will give to Jed all their chains to sharpen :D

If that is what it takes to motivate the masses.
But then again I fear it's "just a job" and "I just want my check" no passion and that is what makes great employees, passion. Passion to strive to the next level and love what one does for a living and take pride in everything one does. A trait lost to younger generations.

It's something I see in larger companies employees just don't care if they are running a dull saw or dull chipper knives "oh well not my shit" kinda deal.
Cory you can honestly say that previous generations didn't take pride in what they did compared to the newer generations? You ever had a millennial on the job site? I'll give you a hint : worthless

I think, like with most things, it's a case by case basis.

My head guy is a millennial, he's an animal. He does things different than me, I'm methodical while he's more rough. But he feels he can do tree work overall as well as anyone, so yes he takes pride.

Sounds like the larger companies you speak of need better leadership. Just my opinion from afar.

Back