The Official Work Pictures Thread

I'm surprised you're not felling that spruce Willard. To short of lay towards the propane tank?

2nd time you've posted pics of that tree, still standing. Maybe Benn should come do it for you. :P

Dang, Willie! Impressive pics.

I'm curious about the crane and the operator. Is that one in Medford? Does the operator have to be checked out with trees around power lines? Do you bring in someone you know or have worked with before?

Dang, Willie! Impressive pics.

I'm curious about the crane and the operator. Is that one in Medford? Does the operator have to be checked out with trees around power lines? Do you bring in someone you know or have worked with before?
Bob, mostly we weren't around powerlines. He did fly that cedar top the other way and may have been a wee bit over lines :/:. Cook is based here in the valley, we've worked with Craig many times, solid op.

Grendel: Nasty rot. Dude, I don't think you had even a splinter of wood from the worst two stumps.

Rich: Fish'n pole!? Djyou have to do that because of all the rot? Man, you guys have it rough back there.

Williard: Guy line? Does that minimize the limb-slamb on the turf? Is that what the red, horizontal line was? That shot was weird... the red line looks superimposed onto the image.

Back to the maple job today. Brashy stuff that maple is. I think I kinda hate falling it. High stumped the nasty hollow tree at about 20' and torched the one corner thinner mid-fall to try to save a little Hemlock.
unnamed-816.jpg

Lucked out with some really good holding wood on this partly rotten back-leaner.

unnamed-814.jpg

Then was able to swing this really nasty side/head leaner with a step-dutchman and sizwill... no option for a 90 degree retainer line. Deadwooded another one, and done by noon. Dang, my heart was beating on this one though, but looking back now... I can hardly see why: all I woulda smashed were a couple of Cottonwood keeper-trees, that nobody woulda missed. :/: (Andy's hand.)

unnamed-815.jpg

Nice Jed.
Fishing poled it partly because of the rot but mostly just to keep the rope out of the way. Three cuts later I said I'm done with this. Made a phone call and twenty minutes later.....
image.jpg

Ha nice one Rich. Did you then have to remove the mulch pad?

Yup, had to remove it, but quick to do with th skid loader. Used about a half yard to cover up the saw dust in the flower bed.

Deva, it was definatly a possible climb. Just would've been a bit harder than the bucket.

I've never done the two pulley fishpole thing, but I use one a million times.

Some times we will preset a bunch (4-5) of blocks on long stems and start blocking down it goes pretty smooth. I don't know if it is any faster in the grand scheme of things but the wood seems to come down faster.

Why, me and Willard can out-climb, out-saw, out-rig, out-spit, out-fight, and out-think a dozen of you young whippersnappers bare-footed and blind-folded with one spike and a dull handsaw. And a lot of other stuff too.

Yep..it's the scrawny dudes that can't do anything that are the problem...no big muscle mass must not be able to do much. Funny, it's the big strong guys at the gyms I have been to that avoided body weight work...had some try to climb the rope...too MUCH body mass for their muscles...they could squat and press hundreds pounds of weight. They looked awesome and were strong in the gym...able to handle their own body weight...nah. Climb a rope to save their life...nope. Ray...I see you winking that eye there.:D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_-DcAz8h11I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back