The Official Work Pictures Thread

Probably didn't call Julie. No way would i work without calling first, great way to end up dead.
All thats been done already, same as last time we had them called

There's nothing under this whole property, it's all put at the street which we aren't clearing

Good, always call and and have a current dig number. There's a reason it's a law. You would be amazed where they bury stuff

Same with pipes.
Oh yeah, anywhere it'll fit, utility companies are the worst here although plumbers and electricians will just run pipe and wire wherever they please
they can't dig a straight trencheither, just because you see where it goes in and closes out doesn't mean it's a straight shot

it's annoying

It's called Julie in illinois, didn't realize they gave it different names until i looked it up today lol. 811 nationwide tho. When you call you will get a dig number that you have to keep track of, and it's only good for a limited time, if it expires before you're done you need to update it so you have a current dig number.

yeah, IDK if it changes state to state, but here I believe you must call 3 days in advance, then after the 3 days you are good for a 15 day window to dig
simple enough to just call them the week before you schedule the job, just have to remember to make the work area out in white for them

Guy math, 6" is easily 12".
Yesterday I discovered I probably have kidney stones. My doc has me peeing in a screened funnel to catch some samples for analysis. I got three in my first day. I was so proud when I showed my wife! She was not impressed. I say easily pea size but she claims sub-millimeter diameter grains of sand. IMG_7764.jpeg

Last edited:
Why do you call it Julie?

It’s Miss Utility in Maryland

I believe it’s Sunshine Locate in Florida
Holey Moley in Indiana. They only locate the public utilities to the meter. Typically the water meter is out in the front yard. You need to pay another locator service to get private lines marked. I have seen problems in my small experience. Last year I managed to drive a 1/2 ground rod through the 3/4” water supply to a house. This year the homeowner had another contractor dig for me put conduit underground. They called Holey Moley, but then proceeded to dig up an abandoned fuel tank, a 240V well power line and the water line from the well.

Yesterday I discovered I probably have kidney stones. My doc has me peeing in a screened funnel to catch some samples for analysis. I got three in my first day. I was so proud when I showed my wife! She was not impressed. I say easily pea size but she claims sub-millimeter diameter grains of sand.View attachment 133336
dont worry guys, thats a yard stick and those marks are in inches!

Holey Moley in Indiana. They only locate the public utilities to the meter. Typically the water meter is out in the front yard. You need to pay another locator service to get private lines marked. I have seen problems in my small experience. Last year I managed to drive a 1/2 ground rod through the 3/4” water supply to a house. This year the homeowner had another contractor dig for me put conduit underground. They called Holey Moley, but then proceeded to dig up an abandoned fuel tank, a 240V well power line and the water line from the well.
Lol Holey Moley it’s like a moving company in Milwaukee called Hernia Movers The Potentate of Totin Freight.

Dude…my mom went through hell with stones. She was paranoid about osteoporosis so took too much calcium…grew a gravel pit. They shot them with sound waves or whatever but not enough to break them down small enough, so she was passing giant sharp pieces getting all cut up. Screaming in pain, in and out of the ER, stints in and out. Finally did it again but she also went temporarily nuts from too much anesthesia. Didn’t even know that was a thing.

What was the intended goal? Seems like a lot of work to end up with big bushy trees again.

Back