The Official Work Pictures Thread

The picco chain needs to run a picco sprocket or in this case a .404 turned down to the diameter of a picco sprocket - the picco sprocket spline will NOT fit on a larger clutch drum ... If you try and run a 3/8-7 with picco chain you will hammer the snot out of it in short order , even though both chains are 3/8 .05 the drivers are different lengths

especially on a Torque Monster 572xp Hotwoods-ported build.... With north of 7.5hp and more torque than any competing builds
Is that a fact? And why does your "torque monster" cut little baby wood? No doubt better than hotsaws101, all with no machining.

Nice tree!

Did you work with Carl on this one to clean up the mess?

Looks like y’all have better weather than here in WNY ! It’s a balmy 19 degrees up here with snow ❄️. Saws are on the bench gettin maintained (cleaned , chains sharpened , any questionable parts replaced etc) until it warms up a bit ... little cool for tree work/processing at the moment 😃

Last Ash we did was near the end of January and it was about 30degrees - not beautiful weather but bearable , When it’s in the teens and realfeel with wind is -5 to 5 degrees F it kinda takes the wind outta your sails if ya get my drift

From the middle pic it looks like your plan is to make a rat's nest and clean it up after, rather than as you go. What attachment(s) do you have for your gehl? How many loads in your trailer? Any desire for a chipper or nah?

Pretty much clean up after so long as the drop zone doesn’t get too congested. BMG on the Gehl. One big load on the trailer and then hauled prolly 4000# of firewood home in front of the Gehl.

Any desire for a chipper or nah?

Sorry...forgot to reply to that. I had a chipper years ago. Do t mind them, but they require a truck to chip into. I have plenty of places to dump so I’d just as soon haul. Made the mistake of taking the 16’ trailer today, due to tight driveway. Had to make two loads on it. The new one would have made a single load, with any leftovers riding home in front of the Gehl.

Back