The Official Work Pictures Thread

Great pic and tree. I see he's using the Chicane. Will you be trying srt soon do ya think?

I have a Billy Goat wheeled blower. It does pretty well with leaves and smaller twigs. Has a hand lever that varies the angle of the stream of air. Hit it low and lift to throw it into the woods, or to clean dead needles out of small conifers and bushes. They are the same as backpack blowers as far as some being stronger than others.
Image of Billy Goat Force 305cc Vanguard 4-Cycle Walk Behind Leaf Blower

How do the blowers on wheels do? The ones the asphalt guys swear by? I would think that would be awesome, as would the giant broom thing on a piece of equipment to handle the bulk of it.

Really?

The newer, large models in the last few years are self propelled walk behinds

Looks like he’s comfortable up there for sure! How do you like those saws Mick? Be nice to have a quiet climb saw.

Electric saws have their place .... just not in my lineup ... The “cutting experience” comes up a bit short when compared to using a 2-stroke , especially modded ones $ at least for a guy doing work on terra-firma

Last edited:
I could use a battery saw if they weighed ≤ my 2511, but I don't think they're anywhere close at this point.

Looks like he’s comfortable up there for sure! How do you like those saws Mick? Be nice to have a quiet climb saw.

In this instance it was the right saw, long periods of not being used as he moved around the tree, so no need to make a decision as to whether to cut it or not, small cuts and I was giving him constant instruction, so it was perfect.

The newer 540i is better apparently, but I’m a bit oversubscribed in the top handle saw department atm 3x201s 1x2511 1x540 husky petrol, so it’ll have to wait.

This past weeks crane job featured a brand new 540i my friend had picked up over the holiday break. Some of those nasty dead ash leaders had no branches - twenty to thirty foot long poles. They had to be gingerly pieced down. Not having to pull-start a gas saw was key. Pieced them out and tossed them while hanging from the crane.

Just came across a Husqvarna 550 mark II ... looks like the bearing on flywheel side went and crank seal is compromised ... Upon further inspection it appears the air filter was letting in debris - a dab of grease around the lip before reinstalling should alleviate this condition... also Husqvarna issued a Mark II service bulletin for this issue

Agreed. The treework shown is incredible and the tune really sets it off.

Even that side tear out of that huge top at 2:15 that rips down into his lanyard...no harm, no foul, I guess. But that was his only point of protection...which I have seen is standard for him.

Back