The Official TreeHouse Martial Arts Thread!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm watching One, thx again for the heads up.

MMA Tynan vs Kang was a good one, always cool to see a grappler neutralize a dangerous striker without taking much damage.

Last edited:
Im surprised the whole thing is in english given that it is being held in Thighland

It is one of the bigger events ONEFC do for the international audience. Mainly American. Hence the Amazon Prime deal.

All major events have always been in English. I guess it is to appeal to the global market and the fact that ONEFC is headquartered in Singapore. A lot of business in Singapore and English is the language of International business.

I crashed on the sofa last night with YouTube on and just happened to wake up as they were giving the result of the co main event.

Jonathan Haggerty once again proved he is on top of the striking world.

Exactly where he belongs!

I loved it at the end when that Russian Joker got in the ring and tried to make a fight hype. GTFO let the man have his time to celebrate.

Jonathan came back with a cutting, yet typically South London response. Brutal, yet still classy.

“I don’t know how he got in here, someone please get him out!”

😜😜😜

Classy interview.

“Chat shit, get banged!” 😜

Edit: Ramazanov and his trainer banned for 6 months from ONE shows. For bypassing security and making a dick of himself!

I dint see after the fight but Jon surely lived up to every ounce of the hype, came out hard from the opening bell, clearly won rd 1 against a solid looking opponent and took care of bidness early round 2. Extremely impressive.

Their lower legs absolutely have to be made of wood, steel or iron.:\:

Now to try and see the other main event.

BKFC Thailand 5 is on today. Buakaw vs Saenchai, 2 of the best ever but have never fought before. Now they are fighting Bare-knuckle (Not sure if it is Muaythai or just boxing).

Should be a good watch.

Plus Dave Leduc, King of Lethwei is fighting in Cambodia against the reigning Kun Khmer superstar for his retirement fight.

Might be worth tuning in.

More heads up, thx.

BKFC on in middle of night, hopefully I can watch tomorrow.

Having trouble finding Dave's fight. Retiring at 31, in that sport, I guess makes perfect sense. #brutality.

Watching the ufc now, wow, if you want to see a great fight, in the co main, Nicholas Dalby took on one of the Bonfim brothers who are highly touted prospects with undefeated records. Sure enough, Bonfim looked awesome in round one with serious striking skill and power as well as a good take down/ground game. Both guys set a furious pace but Rd 1 definetly to Bonfim.

But Dalby is a veteran with insane cardio and he weathered the early storm and came out hard in round 2, Bonfim met him in the middle and they threw skilled fire at each other but you could sense that Bonfim had never been to this place before, you could see it in his eyes, you could sense his every previous opponent had caved in prior to this point in a fight, and in this fight he was now in uncharted, unwelcome territory. He faded big time halfway thru the round and Dalby put him down with some nasty knees against the fence.

It was a hella war where the highly favored, highly touted prospect got a very harsh welcome to the big stage by a veteran warrior :rockhard: True upsets are a wild thing!

Btw, how is Hakon?

Btw, how is Hakon?
He is good thanks, or at least getting there.

He is training for a BJJ comp called the Sande Open held on the 18th November. Fingers crossed he doesn’t injure himself again.

He had to miss the Norwegian National. Jay Thai championships and the ISKA World championships due to being unable to train quickly enough. He bashed his knee against his little brothers knee at an open mat session.

A strange limp appeared and they were not sure if it was the meniscus popping out, turned out to be not so but the time taken meant he couldn’t train.

So fingers crossed for him.

Here is the Buakaw and Sanchai fight.

It is a complete mismatch and is a good demonstration to the people who have been suggesting shit like this for years.

They are both legends but casuals have always suggested and questioned what the outcome would be. Sanchai fought most of his career in the 50kg ish devisions, whereas Buakaw in the 60+kg divisions.

They did it for the money. Saenchai’s shot just bounce off Buakaw. Buakaw shots really hurt Saenchai. They are both pretty upset at the end and both need the A and E. it even looks like they were crying…

Supposedly they got paid 250k USD each for beating the snot out of one of their closest friends.

it worked for me. Interesting fight

So fingers crossed for him.
Kneesovertoesguy has helped people of all ages and abilities with their knees etc. Building strength from the ground up.

Bareknuckle mma fyi.

Of 11 fights,8 first round finishes .

That bareknuckle mma was kinda obscenely brutal and bloody.

ufc 295 tonite was wild. Prelims were totally boring and but main card was all KO/TKOs in round 1 or 2.

Former champion kickboxer Alex Pereira becomes a 2 division ufc champ, winning the 205lb title tonite and being the former 185lb champ.

But more importantly, England now has a HW UFC champ.

Aspinal is a great fighter, but to beat the KO artistby inocking him out in 69 seconds? Not many saw that.

I genuinely believe he will have a great chance at beating JBJ.

That bareknuckle mma was kinda obscenely brutal and bloody.

ufc 295 tonite was wild. Prelims were totally boring and but main card was all KO/TKOs in round 1 or 2.

Former champion kickboxer Alex Pereira becomes a 2 division ufc champ, winning the 205lb title tonite and being the former 185lb champ.

I watched that. Did you see the Hector Lombard fight?

He hit the guy at the base of the skull a few times and then the guy tapped.

Poor guy had to be stretchered out of the ring in a spinal board and then Hector and his team were disgruntled at the disqualification.

The commentary team (Robin Black IIRC) had every explaination possible without pointing out the obvious.

Yes, Aspinall is awesome. Fwiw I picked him to win cuz of his speed and he's good on the ground too. Totally amazing performance. :rockhard:

I saw the Lombard fight but FFd after the finish, didn't see the DQ. Yes Robin Black is not real impressive. He has a lot of of passion for the sport but his main thing seems to be crowing about all the Violence going down. :/:

I paid 80 bucks for the ppv, if memory serves, do you get the ppvs free in Norway?

Did you also see the Jason Knight fight? Former ufc fighter. Probably a case of 'too tough for his own good"

Btw, how is Hakon?

Haakon stepped up to the mark today in his first competition since recovering from knee surgery.

He beat a very confident Chechnyan wrestler in the first match. Tapped him out via straight foot lock after just over a minute. He went in to the final and beat another kid with shoulder pressure and made him tap to win the Gold medal.

It was good for him to be back and the knee held up, strong and no pain.

Proud moment.

IMG_7820.jpeg

Back