The Official Random Video Thread!

This is a really fun watch. This guy mostly does chemistry related videos (which, as a chemist, I'm super into), and this involves bullet proofing wood.

Fooled me. I'm sure you were more observant than I was. Only watched it once.

Commence the public shaming. I brought raw tomatoes and wilted cabbage. Throw them at me and laugh with your fingers pointed!

Lol, sorry, just having fun.

Thanks for clarifying, @Marc-Antoine! =-D

This is an interesting way of avoiding getting your ring to ring stuck during a soft retrieval (they use the Petzel Naja, but I think you can almost definitely use a ring to ring with this technique just fine) by using your tail to have an elevated point through a natural crotch or retrievable sling off to the side to help with clearance should your friction saver device get stuck.

Definitely stowing this idea in the YouTube content concepts bank for my own channel.

That was bizarre. No part of him looks dangerous. Those techniques; were they developed and honed over years from many fights to the death, or did he come up with them 5 minutes before filming began?

Yes I checked his wiki, Interesting character.

But is it really news that to use a long, sharp knife in a knife fight you slash to and fro and stab back and forth (assuming you aren't going to flee instead)??

Yes I checked his wiki, Interesting character.

But is it really news that to use a long, sharp knife in a knife fight you slash to and fro and stab back and forth (assuming you aren't going to flee instead)??
The number one rule of a knife fight, as far as I'm concerned, is to not get into one. Knife fights, unless you're a seasoned pro (and who really is unless you practice close combat in real life and in training), are bloody. Also, never grab your opponents blade, which can be difficult to not do reflexively when adrenaline is pumping. That's probably the second rule lol

Guy stupidly jumps off of the 3rd floor balcony with what appears to be an assault weapon of some kind after a long standoff with police while barricaded in his apartment. He got some LTL (less than lethal) before the jump (says 40mm, maybe pepper balls or something similar), and several LTL after his fall, as he kept grabbing for his gun. It says "shots fired" for the second burst of rounds, but based on the absence of blood, it was probably LTL.

Back