The Official Random Video Thread!

Edit. I went through the first 2.5 pages of Animated Shorts and most of links are working with a little twicking. Few are dead for good, but many doesn't work because they use the commands of the old forum's softwear (it seems to me, at least). Just copy the http... thing of the link alone (starting and ending at the "), past it in the adress window of the navigator. Bam! direct acces to the vid, full screen.

Downside, that doesn't help for the day's efficiency of the home shedule. :D

First I heard of Universal Basic Income was in the late 1980s early 90s. It was only being discussed in off topic news and periodicals. Never "main stream". That was over 30 years ago.

At first I thought "Hey, that's not a bad idea. How could you lose?." But then the more I thought about it the more I figured it couldn't possibly work. Maybe for lazy people, but not for a hustler.

As a bushel worker for many years my mentality was always set on making more! UBI was an abstract thought!

Most people I knew back then felt the same.

My, how times have changed.

Yo, a curious request: perhaps you will watch some portion of this lecture from an MIT intro class re computer science/electrical engineering and give your impressions/review/observations.

The vid came up on my YT feed and I clicked on it and now I'm curious what others may think about it. Ya know, MIT lecture and all.

I'm sitting in front of the fire, and I drifted off. Sounds like a good introduction to building systems.

Yo, a curious request: perhaps you will watch some portion of this lecture from an MIT intro class re computer science/electrical engineering and give your impressions/review/observations.

The vid came up on my YT feed and I clicked on it and now I'm curious what others may think about it. Ya know, MIT lecture and all.

I've watched some of the old MIT videos about physics. They are interesting, but a bit beyond me as they start getting into the math since I don't have an understanding of the kind of math they use.

Everything he said can be proven by science and measure. He's smart, animated and well versed in the subject of computer engineering and design concepts. A good teacher, hands down.

I imagine his full series of lectures would be a graduate course in itself.

Good vid. Enlightening in the concepts of where modern engineering is possibly headed.

So it is me. Good to know and thanks for your perspectives.

Well I clicked on it in the first place because I thought Ok I'll take a glimpse into an MIT class on arguably one of the most abstruse topics available- electrical engineering and computer science. Well I'm not proud of my take on it. I guess there are any number of very basic reasons I didn't attend MIT, lol.

Ok you asked. I skimmed thru approx half of it. I tried to picture myself in that class. I was put off by the insturctor's resemblance to Captain Kangaroos, as well as his voice. I was trying to envision the extremely high credentials he likely possesses and how that might translate to his ability to successfully teach, and idk, I didn't think he was, shall we say, compelling. And the material presented didn't strike me as like Ooo that makes good sense. And I heard two words I've never heard before- ramify and concatenate- so I looked them up and concluded simpler words would have been more effective and less off-putting.

Ok Edit: I watched alot more of it. I liked how he had the class stand up and introduce themselves to each other and then to verbally work on the on-screen problem @ 50:46, which btw I think I solved but couldnt be sure of the answer due to the disjointedness of the camera on the class vs the picture on the screen.

Another nit pick is for example where data is called attibutes and procedures are called methods...how about calling data, "data" and procedures, "procedures".

Long story short, I could probably get alot out of the course if I was one on one with the professor where there could be give and take. Just sayin

Back