The new MS441C

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gallon and a half usually on an average.

Costs the same as regular Gas less the Oil here.When you buy it in a 44 Gallon Drum.

Good stuff.Just don't put it in a Camping Stove,well unless you want a verticle Flame Thrower.

I remember guys running white gas in go karts when I was a kid. I think it was in a Mac 101. Al? You used to be able to buy it at gas stations that had a drum of it. We would buy it for our Coleman lanterns. Much cheaper than the canned Coleman fuel.

Costs the same as regular Gas less the Oil here.When you buy it in a 44 Gallon Drum.

Good stuff.Just don't put it in a Camping Stove,well unless you want a verticle Flame Thrower.

Can you quote a price pr drum, please.

We use about 10 drums a year, it would be worth it for me to make a run to Norway and pick them up there.

A ferry ride from Copenhagen to Osle with a truck is only a couple of hundred bucks.

I remember guys running white gas in go karts when I was a kid. I think it was in a Mac 101. Al? You used to be able to buy it at gas stations that had a drum of it. We would buy it for our Coleman lanterns. Much cheaper than the canned Coleman fuel.
White gas back in the day was merely gasoline with no tetraethyl lead added .On the karts they mostly ran av gas 100 octane leaded with some nitro methane added plus caster oil for lubricant .Caster is still one of the best mix oils it just makes a hell of a mess of things .The added lead back in the day was an anti spark knock additive and acted also as a lubricant for the exhaust valve .It is of no use on a two cycle engine .

I haven't seen actual white gas since the mid 70's .

Yeah, it was in the '60s. The scary thing was the guy pumping it out of the barrel always had a stogie in his mouth. I was too young to know gas doesn't blow as easy as it does in the movies and on TV. Still probably not to smart.

About the only places that sold the stuff were marinas or bait and tackle shops near a lake .The only reason for white gas in a Coleman lantern is because the lead would plug the jets given enough time .In Ohio it might have been a tad cheaper but just like K1 kerosine or home heating oil which has no road tax you then pay sales tax .They stick it to you then with sales tax .The gov will always get their slice of the pie one way or another .

I don't really know if the old white gas would get funky like the leaded or not after it sat for a while in the can .The old man usually had a gallon jug of it and the lanterns and camp stove always lit .I even stuck it in the lawnmower every so often and the engine always ran .

We had white gas sit around in containers and appliances and it never seemed to go stale.

Anybody ever hear the mantles are radioactive. My bud works at a nuke and was telling me about everyday stuff that glows. I guess the mantles are fairly hot.

We use about 10 drums a year, it would be worth it for me to make a run to Norway and pick them up there.

A ferry ride from Copenhagen to Osle with a truck is only a couple of hundred bucks.

I'll give them a call Monday mate. Statol makes it,it smells the same as Aspen but its Green not Piss Coloured.

There is an EU rule about ex- or importing fuel that means I can't go to, say, Germany and buy it, but since Norway is not a member, it might work out for me.

As for the color, who gives a damn.

I run the Stihl version, because my Stihl dealer gives me a $100 discount pr. drum.

3400NOK or 3900NOK,INK MVA.They guy couldn't remember off the top of his head.It might be cheaper in Oslo because of the Freigh Cost over the Mountains to Bergen.The Brand is Statol and its not Green I was wrong.

Thanks.
I'll try and calculate the saving by sneaking a truckload over the border.

Carrying a thousand gallons of gas, I can think of a few things:lol:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/arpZ3fCwDEw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I haven't run it at all since the first day.
Don't get a chance.
Richard does the " When you pry it out of my cold dead fingers" thing if I try.

That should tell you how he feels about it.

It is a very good saw. Richard has put about 600 hours on it so far and nary a problem.

Just got to run it today.
The handle heat failed on mine, and since Richard doesn't suffer from reynaud's syndrome like I do, we switched saws.

Switching from a regular 441 the first thing one notices is how much more torque the c-model has.
Doesn't rev so high, but with an 8 hole rim it just eats up that hardwood.

Also that thing about it just stopping when it runs out of gas, and starting at the first pull after the refill is great.

I still like it a LOT!

Yes, stock is a 7.

I only run an 18" bar on it, so it'll pull fine with an 8. Even in hardwood.
We have just logged about 1000 cubic meters of doug fir, that combo is wonderful for limbing those.

Back