The Biking Thread

PC, does a bike still figure regularly into your plans re crane travel to the job,/bike home? I remember that was the case a few years ago. Kinda cool. It's been a few years since I've done appts by bike but I 'spect it'll happen again.
I do still use my bike to move the crane around if we are in town. Most of my riding though is after I get done and I hit the MTB trails with the dogs.Been a few weeks though as my back is all jacked up now plus we keep having storms that are really messing up the trails. Im the only one who runs a saw so it gets a bit much trying to keep 20 miles of trails clean.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice. What kind of dogs do you have, they must be running fools.

Starting to get a bit darker in the evenings now so looking like evening rides are out for a little while. Worked out I've done over 1000km since end of June. Happy with that. Not bad for not having ridden any bikes for years

Good stuff.

Re evening riding- They do something in FL that I'd never seen nor heard of. Because of the heat down there, lotta folks won't ride in the daytime so they form up into packs of multiple riders and they have their lights and they ride hard in the nighttime. I've seen them out there at 9 and 10 pm. It seems crazy but it is pretty common so I find it to be a rather interesting phenomemon.

Carbon just doesn’t seem like a good material for rims. They must be fine or the wouldn’t exist but seems weird using a material that is very prone to impact fractures for that application

Kevin were you the “cool boyfriend “. .
Nice bike btw , crazy how much bikes have changed
im not really into cycling as I used to be but all the new road bikes look like crap to me with their super fat frames

I just ride to keep the dogs happy

Nice. So you've been into E bikes for awhile, eh?

Wow your dogs must be whupped after chasing you on that thing

Carbon just doesn’t seem like a good material for rims. They must be fine or the wouldn’t exist but seems weird using a material that is very prone to impact fractures for that application

I was impressed by this and the amount of effort he had to put in to achieve it. If I'm making anywhere near that level of force on a road bike and with a tyre on, the wheel is the least of my problems😄

Kevin were you the “cool boyfriend “. .
Nice bike btw , crazy how much bikes have changed
im not really into cycling as I used to be but all the new road bikes look like crap to me with their super fat frames

I just ride to keep the dogs happy
no that guy was from quebec, had an accent, great mechanic, ran an organic farm... i have no idea how i won out. timing and he wasnt a very good tree climber

Guess carbon has come a long way. I looked at it for a second 15 years ago for the Wraptor hub covers. Wasn’t a good application.
FYI I can’t imagine riding down steps without a rear tire.... Going down on stone steps = no fun

What does it have for friction/resistance?

Back