Thai Kick boxing

If I was going to learn to fight just for the purpose of defending myself, I'd learn what the Israeli's use - Krav Maga. They're just teaching you to hurt your opponent.

That's the type of style I nearly earned my black belt in. Eyes, throat, and crotch. Nothing else matters.

Anyone who can walk, talk or run away from a fight but does not, is an ass. Fighting because someone insulted you is stupid.

Well I agree to a point. No need to take/make unnescessary risks in life, BUT no need to eat excessive sh-t either imo, or turn a blind eye to things that shouldn't be happening in society like vandalism/crime what not. Yes I do get myself in trouble at times. And I have found that often times it's advantageous to be swinging instead of discussing once the 'conversation' has dropped to a certain level.

I agree though, if it's going on hurt your opponent, boxing is a sport in a ring not meant for the street.

It's important to realize that in an instant your life could be changed forever due to a decision you make.

Think, then react WISELY.

It's important to realize that in an instant your life could be changed forever due to a decision you make.

When I was in intermediate school, a kid just 4 years older than me got his neck broken in a high school fight. A guy was picking on his friend and he challenged the other guy to a fight. When he got knocked down, the other guy stomped on his neck. He spent the next 40 years of his life [until he died] paralyzed from the neck down. Most all teenagers feel they are indestructible and nothing really bad will happen. In hind sight, it would have been better to just tell his friend let's go and report this to the VP. But in high school, everybody will think you are a sissy if you did that.

I've never forgotten that incident. It made me realize from a young age so many bad unexpected things can happen in a fight. Another guy here got 10 years for manslaughter when arguing with his neighbor, he shoved him. The neighbor fell backwards off the sidewalk, hit his head on the street and died.

If I see someone getting beaten, raped, killed etc, I will help if I am in a position to do so, even if it means just calling 911 and taking photos with my phone. If 5 guys are attacking a single person, I am not going to go jumping in there unless it was a family member or close friend. I long ago decided that if I got into a fight, it will have to be a life or death situation and someone [hopefully the other guy] will end up dead or in the trauma center at the hospital. That's why I always carry 2 fixed blades and a big folder when I'm not at home or working. When at home or at work, I just carry a big folder.

I hear what you guys are saying. But even now at this age I find I'm still a hothead so I try mostly to avoid situations which might lead to violence. More and more though I'm finding I can't really go out without the potential for trouble, and I believe this is because people have gotten so rude. I can't stand the disrespect for everything that runs rampant nowadays. Also my wife is hot and that seems to attract a lot of morooons.

I think as I grow older I may become more and more of a hermit and I'm fine with that.

I never carry a blade and maybe I should but if a person pulls a blade out someones gonna die. I want both my hands free for grabbing punching etc. A knife in my hand is only gonna tie up that one hand.
Nothing wrongn with being a recluse.
The last time I was in walmart I let some dude get away with pissing me off. Trying to push me thru the line just to hurry up.
I borrowed the cashiers sharpie and slammed it on the counter and turned and looked at him. He got the message and backed off. Sence I have married I have grown increasing homocidal.
Yes I have issues with this. I understand this about me and stay away from crows as much as possible. We dont have friends, humanity sucks and is filled with much treachery.
I think a person could go about killin from daylight to dark and still his job would not be done. THeres alot of bad people out there. If I lost my wife I would be a vigilante im sure of it. Besides they pay well for doing just this in Iraq

I never carry a blade and maybe I should but if a person pulls a blade out someones gonna die. I want both my hands free for grabbing punching etc. A knife in my hand is only gonna tie up that one hand.

Carrying a gun without a license [and they won't issue any unless you are in law enforcement] here will get you 5 years, hence I carry knives. If you were to grab someone with a knife, you have a high likely hood of getting cut up or stabbed. If I already had my knife in hand and someone tried to punch me, I would block his punch with the knife and let him rip his hand wide open.

It is very important to be able to deploy a knife in under 2 seconds. That is why I like short [2.5-3 inch] fixed blades carried in the handle down position. I can deploy one of those in just under ONE second, before you can say "one thousand one", I will have it out. Many people carry knives, practice how to use them, but don't practice deployment.

Back