Telemarketers calling cell phone

This must be one of the downsides of smart phones that Burnham was talking about. We probably agreed to have telemarketers call us when we bought the phone. I know Google sells my info.

I dont get any telemarket calls though.

I understand one source of money for calling types is to sell a list of who takes their calls/or they can get through to.

That is why I think you have to have a long range veiw of it. It takes time for all the activity to wind down.

And think about it....if you were earning $8.50 an hour who would you most like to put on a list for 50 more calls, the guy who offended you or the guy who politely asked to be put on a do not call list?

I will start using Nick's reject phone no. idea on the couple I get a week and don't talk to personally.

I've collected hundreds of these numbers. There's a high percentage that call and there's no response when I pick up. I know they are just confirming that someone will answer this number when you call.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430891556.825727.jpg

love
nick

I use an app called Call Control on my android. These types of call blockers start off with a large blacklist which you can easily add numbers to. works for me.

I once neighbored a guy who would completely take over the conversation with a telemarketer. He was a cattle man too and would ask where the call was coming from, then he would ask what the weather was like, and if they were having a good corn crop that year or not. The telemarketer would usually hang up on him.

Gotten Lot of handle lately. It's getting like people with landlines, only answering if I know the area code.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Had three calls today from telemarketing culls. Two, no answers, another trying to tell me about editing my google pages listing. Tried to be nice and say add me to your do not call list, and blocked all three. The dude from google got me to thinking that I have not checked my google pages listing for a while. I had it all set up to not show my physical address, even though you have to give them your address...now it looks like the bastards have changed it, so there is my house right there on the map. I am so busy anymore, I might just delete my business page, and not worry about it. I don't really want any tomdickandharry meth head, to be able to google my business when they see me working somewhere, and see that I have a lot of expensive tools they could steal, when they google me. Most of the clients I get anymore are refferals, but I have always thought it nice for clients to be able to look me up, if they don't have a phone number. Just got off the phone with a guy that was a refferal, and said he found my facebook page, and watched a couple of my videos, and thought I looked competent to do his job...

I was selling a job today and got a call from a local number, hit mute as I feel its rude to take a call whilst selling a job. They called right back again a minute later, when I got back in my car I called them back only to get a recording saying"thanks for calling us back" I hung up. WTF

I have started getting a call from a guy that sounds like he is on a subway in India...he says they are going to have to block my gmail address if I don't buy their program or something stupid. I asked if that was where he was, on a subway somewhere...he said, "no"...I would pretend to not be able to understand him due to the surrounding noise..he got pretty frustrated.

Then I asked him to look over his right shoulder...asked if he saw the guy looking at him right then, using his phone...asked if he saw the guy looking at him. He said he saw a guy...I said, "you are looking at me...I am now going to walk over and snap your neck".

He got real quiet and said, "what?"... I repeated it, he hung up.

but he still calls back...guess it didn't work. If I could know I had one of those guys I sure would be tempted.

Back