Tarp Sources?

brendonv

Tree Hugger
I have decided today I want a heavy duty tarp top on my new chip box instead of the peice of aluminum I was going to have welded in. Anyone have any good sources for a thick truck tarp that they have experience with?

Around here they have a shop that custom makes them to fit the application - well worth the money. They are heavy duty and look nice.
Worth looking into.

Brendon you should look locally for a tarp/awning store that way they can work on your truck first hand. I would think everywhere must have a business like that around for boats/trucking whatnot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
True dat...awning are heavy duty-duhh. I just never saw such a place around here. Should probably start looking.

Let your fingers do the walking. I'm betting it'll be a little shop tucked away somewhere you would never have thought to look.........if you weren't looking.;)

my brother dealt with them - I can still try and find it if it helps

Good advice, find a local company that makes custom boat covers. They can either make a tie down or snap down style.

I agree, Id go with a hard top too, but Brendon asked about a tarp source. Sooooo.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good tips,

I had talked to a guy on t-buzz and he thinks very highly of them. I might give it a try with a non-custom one so if it doesn't work out well I don't care. I do have the peice of aluminum for the top that can get welded in at any time.

The place I mentioned was ACW tarp and awning - I think, I was driving by pretty fast. Their tarp lasted along time and we beat the crap out of it.

You would be better off to use a piece of rubber roofing that a tarp .You will blow through a tarp in a heart beat with a chipper,about like sandblasting it .The roofing would likely hold up better but not forever .

We sell some nice tarps at Wesspur, but you'd be better off with a hard top. Even the best tarp on the planet will get destroyed in short order in this application.

Back