Takeuchi skid steers

here's the 130

Haven't read the whole thread but that make is the brand of choice over here in mini excavators now. I've driven a fair few and they were all great plenty of power on the tracks as well :)

John, not swinger, one of these -
download.php

I like working with an articulating loader. Much quicker for loading a truck from the side. Also less tearing up ground, your not skidding to steer.

But if you need the tracks for the low ground pressure, not much else you can use.

Ive got a tcm804 articulating loafer with a grapple and just love it. We mainly do residential removals and it is just great for this as the floatation tires dont seem to rut up grass and you dont mess anything up turning. Weighs in a a mear 4500lbs and can pick 2500 I think. We haul it behind a pickup so it is easy to move around. I just love thing, never got it stuck and it will go up inclines that scare the jesus outa me!

I use a 60 hp John Deere tractor with a loader for these types of jobs. It won't go in a back yard of course, however being a tractor it can go down the road at 16 mph or so. A couple of times if I was close to home and had a full trailer I would hook the tractor up to the trailer and drive it home. My son could do it back when I did it as here a drivers license isn't needed to operate a farm tractor on the road. It will lift about 10" high. The flotation of the tractor isn't near as good as tracks would be or even a articulated or skidsteer loader with larger front tires. It is pretty heavy to haul around but if you need to pull a tree over it's pretty good for that. My Dad gave me the tractor and I paid $1,200 for the loader and probably spent another thousand on valves, fittings, and such. I'm estimating that it will lift two thousand pounds or so.

I've rented the small Tak escavator, and it was solidly built, and gave me no trouble. Gutsy little sucker, too.... you wouldn't believe the stumps I was popping with it.

JM2C

my father in laws tractor is similar to that, i only use it on occasion to move logs and such around at his place

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's steep round' here remember. The tracked machine would go where most others wont. How wild can you get with an articulating loader?

It's steep round' here remember. The tracked machine would go where most others wont. How wild can you get with an articulating loader?

Think of a Skidder, they are articulated. And look at the places we take those.
As long as you don't go for the narrowest wheel width setting should be pretty good. The problem with any loader on rough ground is if you are trying to lift on a side hill, most get tippy real quick.
You might be surprised that a wheel loader will climb hills better than the tracked skid steer. The skid steers like to roll over front or backward on steep stuff.
Find a place to rent a Kubota R series loader, and give it a try. Or a dealer and test one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im gonna check em out.....the other thing I worry a little about with wheels is flats, how burly are those tiires?

Another one to look at is the Willmar Wrangler. Find a AGCO dealer and they will handle them.
It is 4wheel hyd drive.
A lot of farmers use them on feed lots and fertilizer operations. Seem to get a lot of hours out of them.

AGCO's web site sucks. So it is easiest to just find a dealer on it.

And for everyone looking at this, I realize these are not mini's. Nobivy is looking at full size skid steers, so I am showing him options in articulated loaders that have the same capacities.:)

Im gonna check em out.....the other thing I worry a little about with wheels is flats, how burly are those tiires?

I've run very few rubber tracks, mostly steel tracks and, I have never had a flat tire on a track, steel or rubber.:)

The orchard brush shredding guys used to run tires like that MB on their tractors, but in the last 10 years most of them have went to vehicles with rubber tracks. I saw one of them running tires made from gluing layers of rubber belting together into a solid mass.

How 'bout this tire?
Thorn proof but not termite proof.

A skid loader is as handy as a pocket on a shirt.I have the use of a New Holland from time to time that will lift about 1500 pounds I suppose.

Tracks are nice on a skid loader but they tear the dickens out of a yard.In the past I've used both rubber and steel tracks but not for tree stuff.Dragging timber out of the woods is one thing and removing a tree from a nicely maintained residential lawn is another.

My old Fergeson TO 20 with a Davis lift will hoist about 2500 but you can't steer it with that much weight on the front.It won't tear up a lawn like a skid loader is capable of.On the other hand though you can't squeeze it into as tight of a space as a skid steer.

Over the last 30 years I've packed a lot of saw logs out of the woods with that old tractor.

Skidders go anywhere, but I've never seen a wheeled loader venture off a landing, two different animals. That said I have no experience with the smaller machines.

Back