t540 xp

Thought I would try a 540, read this thread after having similar issues. After the saw is warm, it is extremely hard to start. Got fed up and had my trusty cheap echo sent up to me to finish. I called Husqvarna and customer service stated they did not have any complaints about the saw. I suggested they try Google. The 540 is the shop I will post the results. Should have stuck with Stihl or Echo.

Mine does fine except when it leaks fuel somewhere around the carb and floods itself out (not running, sitting in the saw scabbard). Pulling on the cord for a while gets it cleared up. This week I put 8 or so tanks through it. It only flooded itself once, which was yesterday. You know when it's doing it by smelling gas/gas leaking externally running under the handle. Aside from that, it's a good saw. I had two impulse lines split, but now that I have 3 spares it hasn't split again.

Power wise I can't remember a difference between it and the 200. I never had an issue with a 200 (or any saw really).

Had the computer carb reset, it seems to be running fine now? What is the future of saw tuning, laptops on site to adjust fuel settings ?

Had the computer carb reset, it seems to be running fine now? What is the future of saw tuning, laptops on site to adjust fuel settings ?

Probably.

The trouble with ALL of the new micro-processor saws (whether AutoTune or M-Tronic, makes little difference) is that they are so hit and miss. I ordered two 540's for my truck about three months ago... One doesn't even run now, at all. The other is the best top-handle I've ever even used. The difference is in the electronics... a little goes a long ways. I don't know how the new M-Tronic 201 is going to be, but it will probably suck just like the 540. The difference is that Stihl tries to pull the wool over your eyes by issuing a garbage saw: the early 201... then issues an "upgrade package," which the consumer has to pay for... then issues the newer 201's with the newer parts built right in, which we also have to pay for. Man, I hate the that.

Couldn't even buy the 201 upgrade here, even with the part number. That saw got dropped out of a tree and I was actually happy that it did. The new 201s rip and are very reliable imo.

I'd (reluctantly) have to agree about the new 201's Justin. So far so good. Pretty nice little pigs.

Rajan: I liked your old avatar better.

There is one like that near here that got hit really bad one storm. HOs trimmed it but left it leaned over like that. Looked like a twister hit it since it look spun around. Still growing like that today.

No... beautiful shot... don't get me wrong... I had just loved the way that you spray painted an outline for your facecut and everything... seems like something I'd do. (No offense intended.)

The spray paint was from the HO telling the tree co he hired to how to do their job. I kinda giggled when I saw it.

Now, that is funny. And the fact that you boldly used a photo of you cutting on it as your avatar after the fact is even funnier. If I were you I would have gotten a chuckle out of it every time I saw the avatar pic on a forum page.

I read a post once from a climber that had a customer telling him how climbing a tree to cut it down was no big deal. Anybody could do it if they had the equipment. The climber called the customer's bluff, and offered to let the customer use the climber's rope and saddle. It was only then the homeowner confessed to having a fear of heights. I loved that story.

Tim

.so Ron's Husky finally has these saws in stock. Checked it out in store then readed up on it. Still not buying as it's too bad they put the lame ass "auto tune" feature on it. Fabulous feature is good for twenty-five to fifty extra pulls a day to simply start saw...yes even warm. Death to "auto tune" design. Not worth a two year wait...buy 338XP's I figure.

Man, I got a list of complaints as long as your arm, but that's because we're using the 200t as the standard which is no longer an option. :(

Man, I got a list of complaints as long as your arm, but that's because we're using the 200t as the standard which is no longer an option. :(

No way man. The first run of 201's sucked. The revised ones rip and are a hell of a lot more reliable imo than a 200. I was so sick of f-cking with 200t carbs.

I'm not sure what you called Jay and I up there, but if the nazis were in charge Id have let them know where all the inbreds were hiding.:P

Back