t540 xp

So has anyone on here ordered the t540 from Honey Brothers? They'll ship it anywhere I hear, someone in TN ordered one and loves it.

I got the new 540 from honey bros 3 weeks ago, you won't be disappointed! It was worth paying a bit more to be the first one in Canada to have one! Honestly it's a great saw and I know why husky waited to get it " right" before releasing it! Blows the doors off the 201 and my 200T is now my backup or other climbers saw. No knees touching the 540 but me!

This will rankle the stihl camp. Someone will go "leave it to husky to make a saw so fast it's nothing but a liability to use"

I am gonna buy a 2139 Jonsered soon. Just noticed they are CARB compliant now. I can just order one. Cost went up though. I also cut a bigger exit hole on the 360t Echo I am repairing to see what I get. Had already retuned and opened it up some and was getting good results.
2139 should be about the same saw as the 540

Not wanting to be skeptical, but "Blows the doors off", is a pretty big statement. I might want to trade an 090 for one. :lol:

Ok might be just me liking a whole lot! A lot of guys around here have bought the 201's and have had problems since they bought them, and I have used one just to try them and was disappointed. I do mostly hardwood removals, and the 540 powers through the oak,sugar maple, beech and whatever else I throw at it with ease and haven't felt the bogging down on it yet. For a right out of the box saw this ones the one for sure. I don't see any reasons really to mod it ever ( for now) it's got a nice growle to it also!

The husky flippies are designed right IMO unlike those over engineered ones. Screw in just like the older ones. You can remove it and use the old caps if you wish. If a flippy handle part would break off cranking on it you can use a flat edge to unscrew it.

2 threads on it. Just realized a lot of the pics are embedded and need to be a member to see them. Sorry about that.

http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/husqvarna/more-flippy-caps-sort-of/msg15220/#msg15220

This one has part numbers to replace old caps if you wanted to.

http://chainsawrepair.createaforum.com/husqvarna/husqvarna-'flippy'-caps/msg24899/#msg24899

Ok might be just me liking a whole lot! A lot of guys around here have bought the 201's and have had problems since they bought them, and I have used one just to try them and was disappointed. I do mostly hardwood removals, and the 540 powers through the oak,sugar maple, beech and whatever else I throw at it with ease and haven't felt the bogging down on it yet. For a right out of the box saw this ones the one for sure. I don't see any reasons really to mod it ever ( for now) it's got a nice growle to it also!
If the 540's auto tune works like the 562's then it should be a really strong performer. The only issue with my 562Xp's auto tune is hard starting in hot weather, not good when your 50 ft off the ground in a awkward work position. Lots more stop and go starting doing aerial work then on the ground.
Have you worked the 540 in hot weather, and how hot?

Back