t540 xp

Peter when I tried the 3/8 Picco chain on the 550XP the 338 bar with the 3/8 LoPro sprocket tip fits but I had to use a standard 3/8" 7 spline small bore rim sprocket. There is no 3/8 LoPro rim sprocket available in small 7 spline bore. The 3/8 LoPro spur sprocket drum off the 338 won't fit the 550. Standard 3/8 rims with 3/8 LoPro chain is not a perfect match but it does work OK.

Did I miss your .325 and 63PS testing data? If so send me a link so I can read it. :occasion5:

Did I miss your .325 and 63PS testing data? If so send me a link so I can read it. :occasion5:
Kevin,no comparison test done between the .325NK and 63PS. You probably already saw my post of the 550XP-63PS over at FF with Grande Dog and company in on it, [394 milling chain thread].
The actual comparison test on the 338XPT will come up shortly;)

OK, let me ask a simple question. Im lost in a lot of numbers in the last bunch of pages. I have a Johnny 2139, bought a loop of "63PM 52"......

Will this chain cut right? 14" bar. Grabbed some from the stihl dealer because I realized I was short on spare chain for my climbing saw.

OK, let me ask a simple question. Im lost in a lot of numbers in the last bunch of pages. I have a Johnny 2139, bought a loop of "63PM 52"......

Will this chain cut right? 14" bar. Grabbed some from the stihl dealer because I realized I was short on spare chain for my climbing saw.
Chris 63PM s the semi chisel . 63PS is the full chisel

Kevin,no comparison test done between the .325NK and 63PS. You probably already saw my post of the 550XP-63PS over at FF with Grande Dog and company in on it, [394 milling chain thread].
The actual comparison test on the 338XPT will come up shortly;)

I didnt. I only drop in other sites from time to time.

Ya I noticed it was semi chisel. Is this a good performing chain? I typically use chisel. This particular chain though, is it decent stuff?

Here you go. Pic of the PS PS3 cutter compared to the PM PM3 cutter.

StihlPSandPM008.jpg

StihlPSandPM005.jpg

Semi chisel PM chain for your 200t cuts just fine, good, standard Stihl chain.
You will make your money and go home.
Like all semi-chisel chains they handle innacurate sharpening better than chisel chains, and they don't loose their 'edge' as quickly as full chisel if you hit a bit of dirt or sand.

Stepping up to full chisel PS chain is a choice of degree...do you want slightly better performance, then try it. But don't get into a panic just because you have bought a semi-chisel rather than full-chisel for your tree saw just now.

Safety ramps vs no safety ramps is the first thing to 'worry' about. For us as people who do this almost every day, safety ramps are the first thing to go. So if your chain had the '3' designation at the end, indicating it comes with safety ramps, then you'd be justified in wanting to change immediately.

Otherwise, use that chain and go cut it man! 8)

Tomorrow will be mines first day in production.

Hey squisher,

I'm keen to hear how the first hour goes for you. I have two 540s now. With the second one I thought it was faulty. I had to tickle the throttle for about 30 mins before I could go wot without stalling then it was like a switch was flicked and it worked revved no problems.

Thank you Fi. I've never used semi chisel on a climbing saw. Used it in times past for dirty work ground saws.

So far so good with the 540. I haven't ditched the screen yet, assuming its a good idea in this saw too.
Power wise it feels strong. My biggest concern will be the durability of it. It seems somewhat fragile in comparison to the 200. I'm basing this really just on appearance as I haven't broke anything yet.
It's run flawlessly so far.

Gotta get some more tanks through and get into some bigger wood with it.

Cool. I'd love to see the results on that.

Randy is there much for gains to be had out of a 200 and still be a daily work saw?

Yeah, the 200T really does make good gains. I did one up full tilt boogie style for a guy that has a tree service in Alabama. He says it has a couple hundred hours on it now, no issues. I've got two more of his now.

This is his 200T.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LCKmcItcFdw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I've never used semi chisel on a climbing saw.

What were you using on that 200T I got from you long long ago? Also what did you use before 2011 when PS3 came out and 2013 when PS came out?

Back