Sweet Little Bandit

brendonv

Tree Hugger
I have a softspot for Bandit 65's, t'was my first chipper, and chipped darn good for a mini machine. Check out this cool little Bandit 65 on their website, fitted with a Cat undercarriage.:|:

Attachments

• bandit.jpg
    bandit.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 96
I got a 1993 65, we're in the process of putting an engine on her now.
That looks like something you would occasionally use on residential arb jobs, but drive it up on a trailer with a ramp tailgate, and you would have a normal setup, blasting chips into the back of the truck.
What's the price? If I was to drop 25k or more on a chipper, I would expect it to take a 9" log. The 90xp is a great machine too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hear ya, I just thought it was neat. A guy around here had a 90XP on tracks, around 100 hours and Bandit bought it back, went through over 4 cordless remotes, and IIRC he paid like 65k for it! OUCH.

I think it would be cool to have....drive her onto a dump trailer, get to job take off trailer, pull behind truck like you would any chipper, fill the truck, take a load of logs home with you in the trailer, come back for machine.

I'd couldn't imagine they want less than 30-40k for it, maybe I'll call next week.

Bet people get the hell outa the way when that's coming down the sidewalk.

It would be cool if they made chippers that have wheels AND tracks. The tracks could be between the wheels, lower down the tracks, and drive it behind the house. It'd be great around here where some houses are tucked way up in the mountains. No room to turn anything anywhere.

We want one here just cause of our terrain.. Would be sweet with self driven tracks and get in to some tough places we cant tow into. Then again I could just buy a dozer and tow one... but hey... 80,000 I could have a forestry mower on a dozer all set and ready to go. Guess I would have to be careful of rocks and have the groundies toss the brush out of them where I can grind it up... LOL
Ahhhhh for da money...

About 60% of all new chipper sold in the UK are on tracks.
tw190tr.JPG

Jensen_tracked_chipper1.jpg

Greenmech-STC-19_clip_image.jpg

Back