Bandit 90xp vs 95xp. Experiences with 90's "flaw"?

Angelus

Treehouser
I know that the main difference is the disc cutting angle, and most of what I do is hardwoods.

What my concern is the feedback I've seen about the 90xp's design flaw of the feed rollers getting caught and clogged with stringy/leafy material, and getting caught between the rollers and cutting disc.

I'm wondering if I should just get a 95xp to avoid this problem, but am worried if the right angle of the disc would make it more difficult to chip hardwoods?

Welcome!

Palm grass/ vines and hardwood are a world apart.

Have you spoken to Bandit?

I think the different design is not a flaw as much as a modification for a different application.

That's not a flaw of one model, that's a characteristic of almost all Brush Bandits made over the last 20-30 years. Back in the day running 200xp and 250xp chippers, we had to leave the trap door under the roller open all the time to keep the feed roller from clogging up. You always had a pile of crud to scoop up after chipping. Just the nature of the beast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's not a flaw of one model, that's a characteristic of almost all Brush Bandits made over the last 20-30 years. Back in the day running 200xp and 250xp chippers, we had to leave the trap door under the roller open all the time to keep the feed roller from clogging up. You always had a pile of crud to scoop up after chipping. Just the nature of the beast.

That's good feedback, I've had minimal experience with bandits and have only used Vermeer bc1000's. I'm starting my own very small business and my climbing mentor told me to get a Bandit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome!

Palm grass/ vines and hardwood are a world apart.

Have you spoken to Bandit?

I think the different design is not a flaw as much as a modification for a different application.

Thanks for the welcome!

Fair enough about different application, but choices are scarce here in Canada. So if I find a 95xp, do you think there's a big enough difference in its ability to chip hardwoods compared to a 90xp?

When I rented a 90 Deisel years back the disc had a tendency to push incoming work to the bottom right corner of infeed thus creating some fantastic clogs ... adding more feed rollers was their solution

Bandits main number is 989-561-2270

They know the machines better than most. We have a huge bandit that does real well with both palms and hardwood, but the engine is HUGE. It was also modified to suit us specifically.

Honestly, I can not imagine any chipper not chipping hardwood well. That is what they are designed to do. Our problem has always been palms.

Back