Survival gear.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got it Stig, that was sarcasm as well!
TP is in the storm shelter, the bucket that everything is in has a lid and turns into a toilet. Not the most hospitable, but usable for sure! I also carry three rolls of TP in the truck with my bag of tampons.

hm mm lets see for emergencies we stockpile canned food,lots of tp,batteries,all the guns and ammo,my night-vision goggles,more ammo,looking into building a bunker,a propane grill,lighters,matches,wood,blankets,clothes,more ammo,that's it,still feel like i need more ammo.

no but my brother swears the zombie apocalypse is gonna happen in 2012.I'm just worried about thieves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry Brian, there just isn't a manly way to say I carry tampons around!
Jeff informed me of that trick, carry tampons and duct tape, slows the bleeding if you cut yourself with a saw.

I carry one of these Israeli compression bandages on my saddle: http://www.remotemedical.com/Civilian-Emergency-Bandage-4. It has a bunch of different possible uses, including a tourniquet and pressure applicator. They come in pretty durable packaging that keeps the bandage clean and dry, but still can be opened and applied with 1 hand. For one man shows, these are a must. Imagine trying to duct tape a tampon to a chainsaw wound with 1 hand onto your other arm.

Sorry Butch I didn't see a place to buy it. Obviously I didn't look around hard enough.

In order of importance, the essentials to survival are
1. Water
2. Food
3. Shelter

It seems to me that the most likely scenarios you are trying to plan for are weather related. If weight is an issue, then I'd skip the guns & ammo and carry more essentials.

Depending on weather conditions, it could be:
1) Shelter
2) water
3)Food

And the guns might help you keep or get shelter.

Suit yourself; I'm packing plenty of ammo in my BOB, too. I WILL have food, water and shelter. I don't consider it my obligation to help anyone I don't want to. The firearms will ensure I can enforce that policy. ;)

I carry a Glock 29 (daily). Don't need more than one; just the lots of ammo. :lol:

12 gauge pump keeps the house cozy.

What more do you need?

lets see,my 9mm pistol, my dad's 357 magnum, his 12,20,and 8 gauge. my 30/06 with star bright scope, his lever action 30/30 3 22 rifles. my colt v.p .25, and a darenger pistol that fires either 2 44 or 2 410 shells.Oh I'm adding fishing poles to our survival gear.

Back