Street of Topped Trees. (Vid)

NickfromWI

King of Splices
Found this up in the valley. Each tree isn't surprising. But when I saw so much carnage on the same street I knew something was up

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WmVLFjkaQl8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

love
nick

I could make 20 of those videos in a nearby community. You'd shit if I put up pics of Taylor, PA. My wife and I have played a game while driving called "first one to spot a tree that isn't topped wins". Its actually that bad. Every tree is whacked. What happened long ago in Taylor is that so many trees were topped that people in taylor now assume its a must. Like they are the trashy ones on the block if their trees grow wild and crazy.

Some of these could become "historic" trees in 100 years...
And people will still think it is OK to top them.

Looks ok,not fantastic,however alot of those Trees were close enough to the Houses that a mature canopy would have been a arse pain.

It seems there is much debate around here lately between European tree care and US tree care. Do trees respond better to that method of trimming in Europe? I know what becomes of them here.

It seems there is much debate around here lately between European tree care and US tree care. Do trees respond better to that method of trimming in Europe? I know what becomes of them here.

Topping in never good, but some species do take a topping quite well. Though you shouldn't, you can top them this year and in 20 yrs.... they'll still be around long after you and I are pushing up daisies.

I can't believe how well Live Oaks recover from topping. They look like shit for a few years, then, you have to look twice to see that they've ever been raped. :drink:

I cant use a trim saw one handed, and you cant remove a spark arrestor, but Nick can drive down the road narrating a home video... Gotta love California!

hey boner1040 the point of the vid was to show a street full of mutilated trees if you don't like cali don't go!

jp:D

Brutal, Nick.

I do my neighbor's work cheap. Trying to keep them content that I have a small log deck, chip truck and trailers, and run my saws and chipper at times. The splitter is quiet enough that I don't feel that I'm disturbing anyone.

Brutal, Nick.

I do my neighbor's work cheap. Trying to keep them content that I have a small log deck, chip truck and trailers, and run my saws and chipper at times. The splitter is quiet enough that I don't feel that I'm disturbing anyone.

That guy must have ten chip trucks and run his chipper at thee in the morning to justify that work!

Hey NewGuy. Welcome to the TreeHouse! Gotta first name? Mine is Butch.

Don't be shy to fill out your profile so we can get to know you!

Back