Stihl192 or 200

• Thread starter Stihl Crazy
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 5K
S

Stihl Crazy

Whats the difference between the 192 and 200 that makes the 200 worth $300 more? I can get a 362 for $50 less than a 200 rear handle.

Power, construction and durability, and power. We run 200's at work and I have a 200 and a 192 as personal saws also. Last week I lent the 192 to a co-worker who has run 020/200's for since they came out and he asked me if it was broken LOL.

The 192 replaced the 019 I do believe. The 200 is a far superior saw IMHO. Build quality and cc's are the primary differences I do believe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, had a carver in the shop asking about both models. He is leaning towards the 192. 192 is $395 and 200 is $859.50

Art I can get you a good deal on a 020T. It's before the name change to 200T from what I understand.

If looking for a 200t and a good condition 020t was available, the older model will do the job. You will get the somewhat less prone to trouble type carb and no designer fantasy type gas and oil caps. Same applies to the rear handles. Almost all the parts are interchangeable, I believe.

Thanks, had a carver in the shop asking about both models. He is leaning towards the 192. 192 is $395 and 200 is $859.50
I carved for years with a 019 and a 020/ms200. The lighter and less powerfull 019 was excellent for finishing and detail work on the carving. The newer 192 would be a good choice. If the 192 is like my 019 then it would have the inboard clutch which makes changing b/c and sprocket drums a little easier.
The little 192 would make a nice pruning saw in hardwoods.

I've seen the 192 but never used one or even seen one in use .Fact I don't know one person locally that has one .

On that though sure as rain before it's all said and done at some time I'm sure I'll wrench on one .

I run both in t version.

The 192t of mine is modded and has lasted about 7 years now with no ill effects. It has been used for dismantles, but mainly pruning. It is the only saw that goes to every job.

The 200t is still in a different league, it is the allround topper for sure.

The two should not be compared though, IMO. They are two seperate use saws, one for pruning with its lightweight and easy handling, the other for heavier work, takedowns and some may say durability. They go hand in hand, like a 361 and a 660.

The rear handles are a similar story. It all depends on what work you expect from the saw, as Willard says when carving for finishing work the 192 will take some beating. Whereas, a high speed chain groundsaw choice would be the 200.

An ideal setup would be to have both, you would find good use for them, but for now if you require a saw to be an all rounder the 200 would be the initial choice then a 192 at a later date IMO.

What a beat down and wore out topic! I still have a tree guy friend that won't buy 200's cause the "hp numbers" dont justify the extra cost so I guess there will always be those kinda folks out there. He has an arsenal of really over worked broke down lil 192's.

If you are running a tree business and can't afford to buy whatever saddle you want and climbing saw then maybe consider another line of work. If you are a wage climber then I totally understand the dilema.

Dealer friend told me he tried to order a bunch of 200T and was told it would not be filled with 200's. 201T only now unless 200 is in the system where you are at. Is this what you guys are hearing?

Ain't tried yet, but I should. I might be able to get one a town over.... One of those "need to check on it" kinda things that is somewhere on my list.

I dunno...any saw with plastic dogs gets an extremely doubtful look from me :).

But then, any saw where the dogs don't look like they belonged in the mouth of the werewolf from " An American werewolf in London" gets that same look:P

Now how can you say that, Stig? Exhibit A: my little 361 has entirely normal dogs.

:evil:
:lol:

Attachments

• Img_0855.jpg
    Img_0855.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1
For a 090, that is!:lol:

There is a saying here ( probably there as well) "not being able to see the forest for the trees" in this case it is "not being able to see the saw for the dogs".

Huge dogs, overlong bars, you must be one strong feller, to be able to carry the saw as well;)

Back