SRT on 12 Strand?

quabinclimber

TreeHouser
Anyone tried SRT on 12 strand ropes such as True Blue or Yale Buzzz line? if so, good? bad? other things to add? mostly asking HH and RW users. Thanks!

Done True Blue. Prefer it Ddrt... But it has a nice hand, knots well. The softness and flexibility of the rope is a tad to deal with on mechanical ascenders until you get some weight under you. Can't splice it... That is a deal breaker for some.

Check the pictures that NHlocal has up in the HH thread. It looks like he's climbing on Arborplex. If Arborplex will work then I'd say you're good to go with just about any braided rope!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hhmm... have not climbed on a 12 strand in years but the stretch rating on yale buzzz line is 2.2% at 10%MBS...no more then any typical arborist double braid right?

I am only interested in this because I like the "fat" feeling of these ropes as Paul pointed out.

Check the pictures that NHlocal has up in the HH thread. It looks like he's climbing on Arborplex. If Arborplex will work then I'd say you're good to go with just about any braided rope!

It's 1/2" Yale xtc 12 strand, bouncy, holds knots good, has a good "feel", runs through my HH without any trouble. I have VERY little experience with other ropes. My "old" climb line is 1/2" New England 16 strand. ;)

I've got a hank of 1/2" Yale XTC 12 strand ... works quite well with the Rope Wrench with 8mm Armor-Prus.

Back