Splicing Directions for all ropes

Great resource Nick!! Thanks for posting it. ...but could I ask a question? Samson's 16 strand splice directions always fail when loading. ...Says its a formatting error. All the others work great though.

Do you know of any other resources where I can find good 16 strand directions? A 1/2" 16 strand eye-splice is one splice that I'd really like to learn, but I just can't seem to find good directions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wagnaw, it opened fine for me. Are you using IE or Firefox? Try the other and see if it works. I just opened it fine with firefox.

I don't know of another place with online directions for 16 strand.

love
nick

Good show, bro. That's cool seeing "splicesbynick.com" up and running.

You even put in the "Warning, Will Robinson...PDF's are here" for Frans.

I've bookmarked it, thanks Nick!

did you catch Blinky's diss. at the Buzz on how Brian Toss's instructions worked better for splicing Tacyon than NE's instructions?

They do. Work better. Brion Toss has an interpretation of the double braid directions that yields the same result, but is a lot more logical to follow. I steer people towards that whenever possible.

In my notes on the first Tachyon Splice, the first or second thing I wrote down was something like, "I need to convert these measurements to BT directions."

I'll do that by the third or fourth Tachyon splice I do. First I need to get the NE Rope directions down so I can understand them before I start converting the directions.

love
nick

Nick is the Master.
wai.gif

I wouldn't go THAT far...but this is something that I love doing, and I'm glad that via the internet and occasional live classes I can teach this stuff to people all around the world.

Thank you for the kind words!

love
nick

only slightly creepy!!!

I miss my old avatar, but I guess you gotta keep it fresh to keep it interesting.

love
nick

Really?

Pretty Nice Nick; i'd change the code to make the sites open up in other tabs or windows ("_blank") so one doesn't lose your page/ it stays right in front of'em. Didn't Wall have some stuff before Yale slurped'em up? They stood for almost 2 centuries through wars and many changes to fade like that!

Wall had some stuff, but my links are now all inactive, due to Yale buying them out.

Spydie, I was just trying to figure out yesterday how to make it so that clicking on the link would still leave my site open, but I couldn't figure it out...I gave up. What's the secret?

love
nick

The Anchor tag has a variable called 'Target'. Like Sypdie says, add 'target=_Blank' to the anchor tag, like so ...

<a href="Nick'sLinkToBlaBlaBla.htm" target="_blank">BlaBlaBla</a>

Back