spiderlift

• Thread starter TreeDr
  • Start date
  • Replies 608
  • Views 42K
Squishy, it's like buying a Rolls Royce or a small tropical island. If you have to ask the price then you can't afford it.
:P

Well no one's brave enough to post a price? Suggested retail? :what:

Patience grasshopper....:D Some of us do work ya know. Justin it depends on which model lift you are interested in. Mine is a 23GT 76ft working height.
It is articulated, and both booms telescope. All I can say is I would not get rid of it no way no how. It's amazing the places you can go with it. Anyway as far as price mine cost a little over 120k. That was last years price I ordered mine on April 24th 2006. I know steel has went up and the exchange rate plays a part in it also. That was all options except the custom paint, delivered to the house. Wesley's 15GT was about half that.
Ryan (Spiderlifts) can give you exact numbers. They are good folks, no complaints at all on my dealings with them. If anyone is in my neck of the woods and wants to come and run it or just check it out feel free to pm me.
It all depends on the kind of tree work you do Justin. Anyway no problems at all with my lift so far, just normal maintenance. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I paid $55,300 for my 15Gt in Nov. 2005. Shipping to HI from Germany was another $6000. I have the hyd./elec. motor option which was $3300, so I could have got my lift for $52K w/o it. Please keep in mind that when I purchased my lift, the exchange rate for the euro to dollar was about even and the price of materials and labor was less. Now 1 euro is worth about $1.35 USD. At the recent ISA show, I was told the 15GT is about $70K and the 23GT is about $135K.(shipping is NOT included) Exact prices will depend upon options you get. I will tell you that prices I got quoted for other makes of lifts with similar features were higher than that. When I bought my lift, Altec quoted me $78K for a lift that was wider than the 23GT and less working height than the 15GT. I also looked at Reachmaster and Nifty. I went back to the Teupen booth and purchased my lift.

Dave you mentioned in one of the first posts that the boom movement was kind of slow and you were going to look into adjusting/speeding it up. Any luck or more comment on that?

The booms on mine are slower than the standard bucket truck. But that being said, you have many more options with the spider than a standard bucket. You can do a lot more functions from each position. You learn to maximize your time. I did learn what I need to do to give the tracks more power, and Ryan said earlier that they have sped up the boom functions also so I will have to call him about that. So they have updated them since I got mine. My 23GT was the first one in the U.S. that had hydo adjustable tracks (up and down adjustment).

So your tracks move up and down for travelling on uneven ground, like a sidehill? If so how far, even aprox? How gnarly of ground can you access with your lift?

Here is a picture from Teupens site. 1st pic. I have set up in places where you could not use a bucket truck, like on the side of a hill. You can have the outriggers up to 3ft difference in height. 2nd pic. To give you a idea.
And here is a link to there site if you want to look at more pictures or specs.
http://www.teupenamerica.com/products/index.htm

Thanks for your patience and info I've found the site now and will try to refrain from getting you to do research for me in the future :|: .

No problem Justin. It would have helped to talk with someone that owned one when I was looking to buy. I called a couple people, but they must have been to busy to call back. At any rate, ask away I don't mind....:D

Justin in my avater we had to extend the left track a little to get the lift straight up and down. Other wise the lift was leaning to far to the left to go threw the gate. Could have used cribbing. But the adjustable track worked great for that gate. It's hard to see I'll post a larger pic. That was a 40 inch opening in that gate.

Ha I just told the wife if I sold the boat, truck/camper and our quads I'd have a real nice downpayment:lol: , she didn't find it that funny :what: .

That is a real nice looking rig for sure. Time will tell for me but obviously a unit like that is not a decision that you make overnight. Very interesting though, very interesting. That access seems unreal for the working height/reach.

It took me 10 minutes after I first discovered narrow access lifts that I would buy one.

I didnt think much of this Spyder Lift lift when I first saw pics & heard about it.

I can tell you after reading up on them & after some time hearing others thoughts who own them over yonder & also seeing Dave's live they are one slick unit.

To compare a Spyder Lift to a bucket truck is completely wrong. They are completely 2 different animals. The Spyder lift is far more versatile. On some big city contracts a bucket truck would be faster. But in regards to every day tree work for a small company there is no way I would take a truck over the the lift that Dave has.

That is of course money wasn't an issue.

One thing I would like to add here is Dave, is not your ordinary tree guy. Dave is well above average intelligence. Not just in the realm of tree folks but folks in general. Dave was very smart in the way he purchased his lift. I believe he made the purchase with the well being of his family in mind.

He made a pretty good size down payment & has what appear to be, 2 very capable up & coming boys to take over later on & make use of this wonderfull machine he purchased.

Back