spiderlift

• Thread starter TreeDr
  • Start date
  • Replies 608
  • Views 42K
Exactly, I'd like to have a demo for a month to see if it would work in my area. We just ordered our second bucket truck. The spider lift would be interesting but i worry about the room the out riggers need.

You are worried about the outrigger space? This is a non-issue compared to the size of a bucket truck!

The Leo 23 GT has a variable outrigger setup design so that you can set up in multiple positions. You cant move outriggers on a bucket truck...

Where are you located? Maybe I could arrange a demo for you.

How tippy is it forward and aft? Going up hills/ramps and the like?

Have you manage to scratch the powder coat yet?

Its not powder coat =)

The power going up hills and ramps is not a problem. We just upgraded the Leo 23 GT to have a bigger Kubota so that it can climb more and the booms move much faster now.

The machine is perfectly balanced and if you think you are going to tip it one way, just put the outriggers close to the ground.

some pics on a truck...

that is the Leo 30 T 100 foot spiderlift

Someday I will own a Spiderlift, then I will RULE THE WORLD.

TS

Hello Ryan
Glad to see you made it. It is a lot more relaxed over here. :thumbup:

Gimme a conventional dedicated bucket truck anyday.

We still have 2 conventional buckets Butch. But to be honest with you we very seldom use the big bucket truck since getting the Spider, but we have
been through this before.:D

They look scary and unstable. But from what I have heard they are the opposite. I'd give one a try. Just let me hit the lotto first :D .

Scarry, yes, only if you, like me, are afraid of heights!!!!
I have been up in bucket trucks before, and I preffer to be on a rope, but I would ride the spider before I got in another bucket truck!!!! It's shakey/jerky due to the controls, and the automatic leveling will throw you off at first. But unstable? NO WAY!!! That base is rock solid, I know it's hard to believe, but I am giving you first hand experiance, that thing is solid on the ground!

Hi Ryan,
Glad to see you over here. It is far better at the Tree House than the other place. BTW, my wife mailed your Red Sox hat back to you yesterday.

Those Spiders look awesome to me, what's some hard numbers on those things? Prices on the different sized lifts? Anyone, anyone?

the medium one is lots, the big one is more.

:P
Koa has one, and DTW. they could likely advise of actual costs Squashy.

Back