Soonerfan!!!

sawinredneck

Treehouser
You alright down there, Dennis? Looks like a bad mess there, just checking on our own! Be safe my friend, please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've never seen anything like what I'm watching on the news! I hope like everything those children are all alright!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just went in and gave Bubba a huge bear huge, we'll leave it at that.

Hey guys, my wife and I are just fine. We were both at work during the storm. The storm path was about 3-miles south of my house. No damage at all in "my neighborhood".

Took a lot longer to get home. About 1-mile from my house all streets were bumper to bumper traffic. Everyone trying to get to the storm damaged area and running into roadblocks.

We still have electricity.

Not much else to report.

Thanks for checking on us!

Hey Dennis, we could probably help you out a bit if you want to move away from no man's land. That is some serious stuff.

Jay, I can't leave home sweet home. :)

My motorcycle is in the shop for it's 1000 mile oil change/checkup, etc.

Guess where the motorcycle shop is??? Yep, in the middle of the storm. If you are watching the national news you might hear them talk about the command center set up at the Warren Movie Theatre parking lot. The Warren Theatre was damaged in the storm.

The Harley dealership is next door to the Warren.

Who knows if I still have a motorcycle or not... I'll wait a few days to check on it.

Bad timing!

They could use vids of the trailer parks for upcoming Godzilla movies. I saw some trailers torn in half.

It's just a piece of metal. My grandkids are all ok. That's the important thing.

If the bike is ok, fine. If it's toast... they build them everyday on the assembly line. It might mess up my ride to Colorado Springs in early June, but there will always be opportunities to ride.

Jay, yes. I think we are one of the best informed areas in the nation. The national weather service has a location about 20 miles south of my house.

Saturday, they were saying tornado's were likely around 3:00 p.m. Sunday. Sure enough, they were here Sunday afternoon.

They also predicted today's storms yesterday. Even people in imminent danger had at least 30-minutes notice. Regretfully, the public school that was hit had enough notice but their only option was to "shelter in place".

You must be underground for an EF-5 tornado to survive.

Death toll has been increased to 51.

Not necessary.

Auto insurance repairs/replaces your car if damaged by tornado.

Homeowners insurance takes care of the house.

Renters insurance takes care of your "stuff" if you live in a rental.

Life insurance pays your relatives when the tornado kills you.

Back